Where is the serial # on a mills high top 777?

Go here to learn about what slot machines and trade stimulators are showing up as fakes and/or reproductions.

Where is the serial # on a mills high top 777?

Postby alectherins » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:48 am

Hello,

I have a Mills High top 777 in a 25 cent denomination, The mechanism seems to check out as old (if not original). It doesn't have the reproduction indicators listed in this forum, but the case looks completely new with no serial # to be found. Also, the back door looks like a repo, I am sure the lock is.

Opinions?

Thanks!
Attachments
#3.JPG
#6.JPG
#New Image.JPG
#5.JPG
alectherins

Re: Where is the serial # on a mills high top 777?

Postby nvmos2 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:58 am

I have the same machine;
the serial number is stamped into the wood base; in the center back, straight down from the lock;
should be visible with the back door in place.
If the cabinet has been refinished, it may be sanded down/covered up; use a flash light along the surface to see any trace of it.
In your photo, there is a white spot in that location; possibly sanded off.

Also, check the base along the sides.
nvmos2

Postby YourBestBet » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:29 am

Was this machine sold by Don Creekmore? If so, he typically discloses any repro parts. From the pics, looks legit to me.
YourBestBet

Postby Markparker » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:00 pm

I am a newbie who just purchased a 1946 25 cent Mills Black Cherry with refinished cabinet. I had been trying to verify the serial number but could not find it until I read the comment above about a refinished cabinet base might show a serial number using a flashlight. Sure enough, my flashlight was able to expose the serial number on the base directly below the door lock. Thank you so much.....
Markparker

Return to Tips on Identifying Fradulant Machines