Bogus Trade Stimulators

Go here to learn about what slot machines and trade stimulators are showing up as fakes and/or reproductions.

Re: Bogus Trade Stimulators

Postby watlingboy » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:22 pm

There have been many extremely rare and correct machines sold at VCA over the years, I know because I have bought some and lots of junkers. The problem is being able to tell the difference between the good ones and the ones that are made up or being dumped. In the case of the Wonder Clock. Records have survived that date and tell where they were sold by serial numbers. That is an original machine. I neither own or will profit from its sale. I think rather than raise eyebrows on a specific machine we are unsure about, it's better to just say, every machine you are interested in should be checked out by you or someone knowledgable about it.

Watlingboy
watlingboy

Postby WatlingBird » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:35 pm

Thanks WatlingBoy. I though that the mech was switched out. I will stay away.
WatlingBird

Postby Gmari2 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:35 pm

you folks have saved me alot of money. I am extremely grateful. I certainly trust the opinions on the items discussed for tomorrows and Sundays VCA auction. Many thanks!!!
George in Jersey
Gmari2

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:59 pm

Gmari2 wrote:you folks have saved me alot of money. I am extremely grateful. I certainly trust the opinions on the items discussed for tomorrows and Sundays VCA auction. Many thanks!!!
George in Jersey

George:
It is our pleasure to be of service to you. This is one of the main reasons I police this Forum. To protect collectors, new or experienced, from getting the 'Green Weenie', by
purchasing a Repro, or Bogus Fantasy Creation. I only hope that many more than just you, are picking up on these warnings. With eBay allowing so much crap on the block,
the worst are the live auctions, that know exactly what they are promoting, but don't 'Give-a-Crap'. That's why we have always said, "BUYER BEWARE".
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby Dave » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:02 pm

WatlingBird wrote:There is another auction coming up with a cherry diamond rol a top up for auction.

The link is below.

Does anyone see anything wrong with this item?

I'm not an expert but from the one photo I noticed that the jackpot glass doesn't have chicken wire in it, the 5cent tag is screwed in at 3 and 9 o'clock, rather then 1 and 7 o'clock. And did the diamond rol a tops come with fortune teller reals? Also, the inside wood (seen through the inside bottom left of the picture) looks overly clean/new.

Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/199 ... ot-machine

FYI, the machine sold for $5,500. Don't know if that includes the juice or not.

Showtimes (the auction company) estimated between $1,000 and $1,500. :shock: Are they really that out of touch?
Dave
Site Admin

Postby cpdretired » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:54 pm

Looks like the Vegas Chop Shop sent one to Earl Schieb for a paint job. He has the nerve to say that it's a Pace theme from the 30's.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 1298372784
cpdretired

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:15 pm

cpdretired wrote:Looks like the Vegas Chop Shop sent one to Earl Schieb for a paint job. He has the nerve to say that it's a Pace theme from the 30's.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 1298372784

What a "TOTAL PIECE OF CRAP"! [-X His paint jobs are done by kindergartners.
Yeah, it's from the 30's alright. :^o Try the 2000's. And he keeps misspelling Estate sale, when it is an "ESCAPE SALE". :^o
Is this Clown ever going to come to reality? How much worse can it get, when you resort to screwing up a Repro? Damn!
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby Gmari2 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:26 pm

I sincerely hope that the following two machines are not products of the Las Vegas Butcher. Please let me know your collective opinions of the following two machines my lovely bride just couldn't live without.

Regards,
George
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
Gmari2

Postby altort » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:23 pm

The reel 21 is the wrong color, easy fix to bring back to original colors, The rockola official sweepstakes Bill would be a better candidate to judge that one, but looks like the tilt post and the finish line flag post are not correct.
altort

Postby Gmari2 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:38 pm

Thanks. If anyone needs any assistance in the metro new york area, just holler.
George in jersey
Gmari2

PreviousNext

Return to Tips on Identifying Fradulant Machines