New to the world of antique slots.

This is the place to post about any fantastic find (past or present) that you think the rest of us would enjoy reading about.

New to the world of antique slots.

Postby Union Lake Dave » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:57 pm

Hello my name is Dave Marsh, I live in Union Lake MI and I am glad to say I'm now part of the world of antique slot machines. One day this past year I was reflecting on my life and remembered we had this old slot machine in our basement growing up. My grandfather was an engineer on the trains in MI, IN, and OH. One night after some runs he discovered in the back seat of his car a old slot machine and a spare guts, around 1945. As a child I remember it always being covered up in their basement, when we got older and bigger we could uncover it and plat it. My father bought an old shuffle board and put it in our basement...so logic would dictate, let's put the slot down there also. So as a kid I would play the slot for hours and hours, it made fantastic noises all very unique, and it smelled old. So I searched the internet and was amazed to find one just like we had in our basement. So I looked for weeks reading everything I could about them. And then I found DAVE, what an expert. I started asking him questions and he was always eager to answer them, I also started sending him photos of machines I thought I might like to buy. He told me to be patient and one would pop up. Well it it did and it was through Dave and his network of friends that I was able to buy a very nice, I mean very nice 10 cent bursting cherry in excellent redone shape for a great price. See attached photo. I have played it every day since receiving it, and I'm ready to purchase more...I'm Hooked! So thank you Dave and George you both were so nice and fair about sharing your knowledge and expertise. It's rare to find people that are more interested in sharing knowledge than making a buck, I very privileged to have known you both, I feel blessed. So my fantastic find is Dave Burritt, and all his fantastic knowledge and network of friends of antique slot machines, oh yes and my first machine.
Attachments
DSC04858.JPG
My first and not my last! Thank you Dave and George!
Union Lake Dave

Re: New to the world of antique slots.

Postby Jwest » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:01 pm

Nice machine
Jwest

Return to Fantastic Finds