Barn Find? Well not exactly!

This is the place to post about any fantastic find (past or present) that you think the rest of us would enjoy reading about.

Barn Find? Well not exactly!

Postby silverboy » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:56 am

I drove 2,000 miles just (55 hours just my dog Dakota and I) to pick up two dice machines from a private collection. Just to acxidentally find them and then realize that I could buy the two, well, to me that consititutes a Barn Find. I found out about their existence on April 16th 2012 and on the 19th I jumped in my Navigator and two days later
I was heading home with two dice machines straped into the third row seats. OK enough of a tease, I will tell you about the machines.

Machine A. Is an all original Buckley Bones 5cent machine. It has the original paint, tokens, door, lock, cabinet and all the interior parts still have the original bright Cadmium finish. I will keep this one as is. It would be a crime to restore this beautiful machine.

Machine B. Is a restored Bally Reliance 25cent machine. It was restored by one of the top restorers in the industry.
It also has original tokens, door, lock, cabinet and all the interior parts like the Buckley still have the origional
bright Cadmium finish.

I am new to the collecting of Slot Machines and at this time I have about twenty. If anyone could share intormation regarding the aforementioned machines such as serial numbers, quantity manufactured, etc, I would appreciate it. I would like to find
out if their is a registry for either/or machine. I am also looking for origional printed material, etc.

You can reach me at ibelieveinsilver@aol.com Pictures upon request

Silverboy
silverboy

Re: Barn Find? Well not exactly!

Postby Dave » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:25 pm

Very cool find! :D

You are fortunate that the seller did not contact someone else and sell it out from under you .

Congratulations on the find. Why not post a few pictures of them?

Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Fantastic Finds