Jennings Victoria

This is the place to post about any fantastic find (past or present) that you think the rest of us would enjoy reading about.

Jennings Victoria

Postby kentdun » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:02 pm

Hello all
I've always collected Mills machines. Mostly because it is what I have found for sale.
Recently found a Jennings Victoria "B" . No keys and jammed.
After 4 days I was able to pick the locks. (Main door and cash box.) Cash box had about $50 in nickels. (No buffalos) Also about 50 various trade tokens. After the back was off I moved a few things around and it cycles like a champ. Pays out right, except sometimes one short on larger payouts. I assume this because of the thickness of the nickels.
The jack pot is empty. Does this fill as you play it or does it need to be hand filled? I have not tried pulling the mech.
Jackpot also looks as if it is missing one of the pieces of glass.
The paint on the casting looks a little sloppy. One drip outside the area and other spots not entirely with the "lines". Was this the way they where done or someone's restoration?
The Yale locks appear original. Marked ODJ with a number. Can someone make a key with these numbers or were the keys marked? I can post the numbers for the guys like me that save every key they find.
I know this wasn't a find like the couple in CA that found the gold coins buried on their property, but it made my week.
Thanks for anyone that can answer my questions.
Attachments
DSCF0738.JPG
kentdun

Re: Jennings Victoria

Postby oldslotman » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:28 pm

That machine has a self filling jackpot which is really pretty complex. It counts how many coins go in the jackpot and how many go in the reserve. You can also set how many coins go into the jackpot and reserve. When you play the machine it sends every 5th coin played into the jackpot. Once it has reached the limit that you have set it then sends the coin into the reserve, which is half the number of coins in the jackpot. When you hit the jackpot the coins will drop and on the next play the reserve will drop into the jackpot which will be half full then. Then the machine will continue to fill the jackpot with every 5th coin played until it reaches the number of coins you have it set for. It then starts to refill the reserve jackpot again with half the number of coins that is in the jackpot. I have the same machine but it is a dime machine.
IMG_0972.JPG
oldslotman

Postby oldslotman » Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:49 pm

If you haven't pulled the mech, this is the jackpot coin counting setup. The big wheel and the smaller wheel counts the coins. It counts every coin played and tells the mech where to send it. Pretty complex setup. This picture was taken before I got it working right. A few springs were missing or not connected right. I can post a updated working setup if you need one.
IMG_0946.JPG
Attachments
IMG_0967.JPG
oldslotman

Postby kentdun » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:40 am

Thanks oldslotman.
If you could post of a working jack pot wheel it would be wonderful. I have run many nickels through it and none have gone into the jackpot.
kentdun

Postby kentdun » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:47 am

Update--
I tripped the jackpot by stopping the timer and setting the reels. The empty JP dumped and the reserve refilled on the next pull. It now drops a nickel into the JP as oldslotman described.
kentdun

Return to Fantastic Finds