War Eagle

This is the place to post about any fantastic find (past or present) that you think the rest of us would enjoy reading about.

War Eagle

Postby 930andyc » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:47 am

I recently found this old beauty but apart from being a War Eagle i know very little about it ,can anybody give me a little info ?
Attachments
IMG_1619.JPG
IMG_1617.jpg
IMG_1616.JPG
IMG_1614.jpg
IMG_1613.jpg
930andyc

Re: War Eagle

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:47 am

Andy:
First of all, you found, what seems to be, a fairly clean original machine. With a handful of TLC, it should turn out nice.
The downside is, it is an English export model, coined for 6pence, with incorrect reel strips, and homemade award card.
Hopefully you got it at a fair price, which will allow you to buy all the parts necessary, to bring it to U.S. standards.
Meaning, a set of slides, escalator, reel strips, award card, an original back door, if you don't have one. I also noticed
that the mechanism hold-down levers are missing. Our U.S. Dime will work in most 6pence machines, but the payouts
will be off, on anything over the two-pay. Much of what you need, is commonly available on eBay, and perhaps some of
our Forum members may have what you need. What I find amazing, is that it appears to have nice original paint on the
castings, which is very unusual for an export machine. They usually get trashed over there, because many machines are
placed on waterfront locations. This one may have been in someones home. If it is original paint, I would leave it alone.
The wood case, on the other hand, looks like it needs a little help with some refinishing. Good luck, and don't give up.
You should be pleased with the end results. Welcome to our Forum. :D
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby 930andyc » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:02 pm

Awesome ,thanks Bill ,will get searching for the parts now .
Cheers
Andy
930andyc

Postby oldslotman » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:11 pm

The mechanism is most likely out of a high top Mills slot.
oldslotman

Return to Fantastic Finds