Mills little perfection peanut machine

This is the place to post about any fantastic find (past or present) that you think the rest of us would enjoy reading about.

Mills little perfection peanut machine

Postby LampManDon » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:22 pm

I thought you might like to see the Mills little perfection peanut machine I found in West Virginia, this is proof there are still rare machines out there! It is now one of the Crown Jewels of my collection. Happy hunting
Attachments
image.jpg
LampManDon

Re: Mills little perfection peanut machine

Postby Anglobritish » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:17 pm

Mills Improved Perfect Nut Vender.jpg
Hi,
You truly have hit the Holy Grail of Peanut machines, although it is not a Mills Little Perfection, That model was a card game, you have a Mills Improved Perfect, made in 1918, it was the first sanitized nut vendor, it looks very original, except, I would guest the glass is not the original, or the decal on the glass is just missing, find attached a picture from the Mills 1918 catalogue
of your machine it weighs 35 pounds and was sold by Mills for $9.00

But like you say good "Hunting" that is what collecting is all about.

Freddy Bailey
Anglobritish

Re: Mills little perfection peanut machine

Postby MJFHouston » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:43 pm

I have to agree with you LampManDon 100%. A few months back a friend of mine told me about a peanut machine he had seen sitting on a shelf in an antique store in a small town in Texas for $450.00. He called me and gave me the information and number to the store, knowing that I collect coin-ops. I called the store but the shop owner told me the machine was on consignment and gave me the owners information. The owner did not have a lot of information on the machine but he sent me a few pictures. Needless to say I drove that night and picked up the machine and It was a " Stanley Hot Nut machine". Imagine this machine was just sitting on a shelf in an old antique store only about an hour and a half away from where I live.

They are becoming harder to find but the rare ones are still out there

The stanley 020.JPG

The stanley 023.JPG
MJFHouston

Return to Fantastic Finds