Roll A top

This is the place to post about any fantastic find (past or present) that you think the rest of us would enjoy reading about.

Roll A top

Postby bafremin » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:48 pm

I'm definitely a newbie, so mabe this isn't considered a fantastic find. A friend of mine, told me someone he knew had an old slot machine they were looking to offload. It is in pretty bad shape, but i got it for 50 bucks. Surprisingly it still functions for as bad as it looks. Would love to get it restored to its previous glory, it's missing back cover and needs work, but i believe it's worth it, would love to get other people's opinions on what they think and where I can find parts. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Attachments
IMG_4036.jpg
IMG_4035.jpg
IMG_4037.jpg
bafremin

Re: Roll A top

Postby altort » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:22 pm

$50.00 wow sure is a great buy!! pretty rough but with some work she can be brought back, not the easiest slot to restore especially if it is your first attempt to restore a slot, there has been several treads about the
Roll-A-Top and the proper restoration and painting of the castings, parts are out there but not cheap.
Good luck.
altort

Re: Roll A top

Postby Dave » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:46 pm

Congratulations on this find. $50 is definitely a good deal.

Rol-A-Top machines are difficult to restore properly and like altort said parts are expensive.

If you pay someone to restore it you will have more into it than it is worth.

I would recommend selling it or trading it with a dealer / collector and get a machine that is already done. Whether it is another Rol-A-Top or something else.

This will save you time, money, and probably a lot of aggravation.

Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Fantastic Finds