Time Capsule: Mills Golden Falls

This is the place to post about any fantastic find (past or present) that you think the rest of us would enjoy reading about.

Time Capsule: Mills Golden Falls

Postby CoinOpNut » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:28 pm

Mills Golden Falls 3-reelers are certainly not rare - - but finding one in minty-fresh, unmolested condition can be uncommon for sure!
Here's a recent acquisition: It's a 100% original and all intact (cash box, back door, all labels, matching locks and key) that was originally in service in a VFW down in SoCal.
From what I was told, the machine was in service after WWII up until the early 50s, and then (along with a few other slots) - got "wrapped up" and put in storage.
Well - the machine sat "asleep" for about 60 years!
It clearly didn't see much service when it was in the club - - as the Jackpot meter reads 00070 !!!

Mechanism is minty-fresh, and after some lubrication, the machine plays like a dream.
I think it's neat when these more commodity-like machines can be seen in their original state.

ENJOY
Attachments
3-IMG_2924.JPG
2-IMG_2915.JPG
1-IMG_2914.JPG
CoinOpNut

Re: Time Capsule: Mills Golden Falls

Postby Midcoast Vintage » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:07 pm

Congratulations!
Definitely a nice score!
Midcoast Vintage

Postby TheFatman » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:37 pm

It is so great just to look at an original one of these. I have seen so many repo's that are so poorly done. Even tho any repo is always poorly done. Just nice to see a pic of one in so pristene and original condition for all the years. I hope I look as good when I reach that age ... just a few years from now. I know I wont operate as well.
Dave F
TheFatman

Postby oldslotman » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:36 pm

Looks like it is for sale on Ebay. 231510639182.
oldslotman

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:25 am

John:
It sure is nice to see such an original & unmolested example of this machine. It is one of my half-top favorites.
This is one that will never see the likes of a Fakester, that specializes in making the Phoney "Golden Nuggets".
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Return to Fantastic Finds