I bought this yesterday

This is the place to post about any fantastic find (past or present) that you think the rest of us would enjoy reading about.

I bought this yesterday

Postby par4n1 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:50 pm

This is my first post. I have owned a pocket vest for 15 yrs or so and a current Vegas slot. My wife wanted to replace the electronic slot to go with our decor so I found this for 400.00 and a 1 hour drive away. It has a great story behind it. The owner (if I remember correctly) was a staff sargent stationed in Tokyo from 1958-1960 and fought with Chiang Kai-Shek's army as an advisor. This slot was removed from The Officers Club at Camp Zama and given to him as he left to come home in 1960. I bought it from his grand son who was never able to open it because he had no key. The last picture is a lable confirming the slot came from Toyko. What stories could the wear around the coin hole and arm tell, the soldiers wondering their fate and missing their loved ones. I am dying to get in it to see the coins but after two days of picking the lock still no luck. Anyway I just wanted to share. Thanks everyone.
Attachments
slot.png
slot2.png
slot3.png
slot1.png
slot4.png
par4n1

Re: I bought this yesterday

Postby TheFatman » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:58 pm

Definitely made a good investment. Should more than double the price yo upaid. If you love it .... dont strip the paint, keepi as it is, and play the heck out of it and enjoy its originality. It has more history and stories, until someone strips it repaint it and take away most of its history.
Nice High Top to play with .... A great deal of help here to help you get into it, get the mech running, and give you more info on its history and whaat it might have been before and changes were made.
Dave F
TheFatman

Postby TheFatman » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:36 pm

I was at camp Zama ... a big Army hospital base in Japan. I was a young teenager and visiting so we snuck in over the fences.
Dave F .... oh ... back in the early 70's
TheFatman

Postby par4n1 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:27 pm

Wow no kidding, I hadnt heard of it untill yesterday. Small world..... and that was before daily communications at the speed of light.
par4n1

Return to Fantastic Finds