Jennings - Star Penny

This is the place to post about any fantastic find (past or present) that you think the rest of us would enjoy reading about.

Jennings - Star Penny

Postby jmac » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:39 pm

Not sure if this is a FANTASTIC find, but the price was right. Missing the base, backdoor, coinbox. SN matches on mech & case (4982)
Clock was frozen, but got that going, cleaned the real bundle and its now running like a top.
If anyone else has this machine in their collection, could you measure the base for me and tell me the type of wood used, going to have to make a new one. Also looking for a new award card, and a backdoor.

Looking at other examples without the vender, most have a hole & plate on front for the vender. But mine doesn't. Also the reels stop from Right to Left. Bueschel page 143 says the Jennings 1936 Club Vender has the same mech, but I am unable to find a pic of that machine, does anyone have a pic?

IMG_3916.JPG
IMG_3919.JPG
IMG_3920.JPG
IMG_3922.JPG
jmac

Re: Jennings - Star Penny

Postby kentdun » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:52 pm

Hello
I have a Jennings Win-a-Pack. Looks very similar. Probably the same mech. Mine also stop right to left.
I will post some pics tonight or tomorrow.
kentdun

Postby Richard13 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:59 pm

Another machine I never heard of or seen. They clean up pretty good just do a google search and click the images button and there are a lot to see.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (22.12 KiB) Viewed 4778 times

Welcome to the forum and if there is help available it will be here. I believe it's a Trade Stimulator you will have fun with it but make room for the others you will soon acquire!!
Looking for survivor machines especially vendor fronts or original side vendors with or without
a machine. 1920's-30's goosenecks, round escalators. I enjoy hand painting the castings.
Richard13

Postby kentdun » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:04 pm

Here are pics my Win a Pack.
I'm not sure what type of wood. Unit is quite heavy, so maybe oak.
Base measures 9 3/4 × 8 inches. 1 1/8 inches thick. Sides and base are painted gold. From the inside the front looks like copper.
Back door is 9 1/8 × 11 15/16 inches. Back door has a smaller door.
Mine is missing the smaller door.
The macine split the coins. 3 coins in one box , 1 in the other. Owner of machine split the take with the location.
Not sure who paid out the cigarettes.
Mine is also missing the cash boxes.
I took the pics with my tablet. They aren't the best. If you need better pics I will take more with my camera.
It appears the site won't let me post more than one pic. Personal message me your email and I can send my pics.
Attachments
20160808_191600.jpg
kentdun

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:16 am

jmac:
I have the award card and strips for this machine, when you are ready. Send me all your info, and I will
add you to my files, and send you a catalog. Contact me at (slotdynasty@sbcglobal.net).
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby JHSS-1944 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:41 am

jmac;;
little rough looking but, a nice find for sure. should look very good in your hands, after some tlc.
keep us updated please.
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Return to Fantastic Finds