Mills Coin box wanted

Forum rules
This is the spot to list any parts that you are looking for.

Mills Coin box wanted

Postby Mills Extra Con » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:16 pm

Hello,

I am looking for a coin box for a 1936 Extraordinary. The model I want has the round coin "hole" and the spring-mounted flap.

Regards,

Marc
Mills Extra Con

Re: Mills Coin box wanted

Postby JPCass » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:03 pm

Mills Extra Con wrote:Hello,

I am looking for a coin box for a 1936 Extraordinary. The model I want has the round coin "hole" and the spring-mounted flap.

Regards,

Marc

I've been asking around about these, and apparently they're very hard to find. Given what seems the trend to heavily restore machines, I wouldn't think that many people would care about original cash boxes, but apparently enough do in comparison to the actual supply. And it seems especially rare to find the flaps on them, as those apparently started to malfunction causing coins to build up, and were removed. Good Luck.

I thought I was looking for an original cash box for my 1934 Extraordinary, but now I'm not so sure, the box that came with it was something I thought looked like a modified QT cash box with a bolt used as a spacer, but apparently it's not the only one so I'm wondering what the correct cash box configuration actually is:

http://www.coinopcollectorforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4126

If it's supposed to have a cash box that takes up the full length of the compartment, then I'd be in the market for one, too.

p.s. I have several cash box doors and a couple of locks for them, if anyone is looking for those.
Restored Mills 5c Extraordinary "barn find", long gone - now restoring 1934 5c Extraordinary Gold Award with original World's Fair reel strips
Restoring early Mills 5c Firebird (large coin view window)
About to take on a Mills 5c Vest Pocket
JPCass

Re: Mills Coin box wanted

Postby JPCass » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:56 pm

Just to follow up, I had my "d'oh!" moment and realized that the spacer bolt on the cash boxes was so that they would work without a cash box door, and be held in position by the back door instead. That and a couple of additional early cash box details and questions at:

http://www.coinopcollectorforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4126#p25404

Also, a couple of later type cash boxes, and an early one with the flap just loose without hinge or springs, have recently been listed on eBay.
Restored Mills 5c Extraordinary "barn find", long gone - now restoring 1934 5c Extraordinary Gold Award with original World's Fair reel strips
Restoring early Mills 5c Firebird (large coin view window)
About to take on a Mills 5c Vest Pocket
JPCass

Return to Parts WANTED