Custom deco stand

Forum rules
This is the place to post any parts that you have for sale.

Custom deco stand

Postby cbvig » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:45 am

IMG_3377.jpg
IMG_3371.jpg
Wondering if there is a market for my custom slot machine stand. If so, I'd continue to create them. The one shown was just completed. Will be adding a lock to the door. $375 + shipping. Birch and maple.
Chris
Springfield, OR
cbvig

Re: Custom deco stand

Postby JHSS-1944 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:00 pm

Hello Chris;
from what I can see , nice quality item ,with the art deco design. should be No reason for these to Not sell.
price not to bad, specially not mass produced out of junk fake wood. but the shipping cost (depending on location) might hurt overall sales.
how about a different art design "piece" ,as a alternative to the art deco piece , for those machines of the 30's / 40's vintage ?
some thing super simple , straight lines, ect. ,to give the front that same type of contrast. Same colors , wood , ect.

What you need to do here on this site;
1) new thread posted with a few more photos
2) add other information , like overall size dimensions, general weight, ect.
3) figure out a rough shipping cost to a few major locations in the U.S.A. ,So WE have a better clue.
4) revisit the thread at least once a month to move it back to the top.
5) maybe have ONE example on hand at any given time. you know how people are, we all wanted it yesterday.
6) have One or 2 built & ready to go & toss up on e-ban as a buy it now, or maybe the start bid of the price you wanted Plus the shipping.
7) assume straight out, your dealing with a limited small crowd of collectors, we all want a deal on everything, and all have limited $$$ at times. this way,if you figure if you sell ,say 20 total for your efforts, is it / was it worth it ??

this stand looks better to me ,than what's currently out there. that's a start.
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Re: Custom deco stand

Postby cbvig » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:35 pm

Thanks for your advice. I'll be posting more in the near future.
Chris
Springfield, OR
cbvig

Return to Parts For Sale