1927 Mills FOK vendor

Have a machine for sale? List it here. List reproduction machines at your own risk!

1927 Mills FOK vendor

Postby gumball43 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:11 pm

I have a 5 cent Mills FOK Slot Machine. I would like to know what you think it is worth? I sent this machine to Bernie Berten several years ago to have it restored. I feel like they done me a good job on it. It has the skill stop buttons too, but they are not hooked up. So they are not working. It plays well and is in great shape. What is it worth on the market today? Any help greatly appreciated. It is a beautiful machine and held 56 rolls of Ven mints back in the day. Bernie's Son had the rolls of mints labels and cut dowl rods to put inside the labels to look like original mints. Very cool.
Any one wanting pictures, let me know. The machine displays 4 columns of Vens Mints. Different colors and really stands out. It weighs in around 98 lbs or so. I am considering selling it. But would like to know what you might think it is worth Of course you can see a picture of it by going to MY Machines web site.
Thanks, Steve
gumball43

Re: 1927 Mills FOK vendor

Postby flipper77 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:10 am

Appears to be a nice restored machine. Still Mills Goosenecks don't bring as much as later escalator models. Does yours have the deferred pay mechanism working or is that missing along with the skill stops on the reels? Probably $1200 to $1500 depending on condition, back door, original Mills lock (this is before the round head Mills lock and this original Mills lock brings a premium). Well worth a three day visit to Dave's Slot Price database to research as these come on the market fairly often. Here is picture of my similar machine:
flipper77

Postby gumball43 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:28 pm

flipper77 wrote:Appears to be a nice restored machine. Still Mills Goosenecks don't bring as much as later escalator models. Does yours have the deferred pay mechanism working or is that missing along with the skill stops on the reels? Probably $1200 to $1500 depending on condition, back door, original Mills lock (this is before the round head Mills lock and this original Mills lock brings a premium). Well worth a three day visit to Dave's Slot Price database to research as these come on the market fairly often. Here is picture of my similar machine:

Shoot Flipper 77...I don't know what the defered pay mechanism is. So I do not know if I got it or not. I do know the skill stops are not hooked up. Bernie's son told me they needed some part to make them work. So he sent my part back and left them unhooked. It does play well on a nickel.... I am sure the locks, cash box, etc are all original. I do not have a key for the front lock. They did not either, so I can not open the front that holds the mints.
Thanks for your reply. I did not see a picture of yours....Not sure where it is at.
Thanks, Steve
gumball43

Postby flipper77 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:42 am

Here are pictures of my Mills FOK. The deferred pay (or future pay) was a gimmick to get around gambling laws. In my pic, Oranges are hit but the 8 payout (shown in window) rests on a shelf in the pay-out chute. Coins drop on the next machine play. Kind of a neat feature. And interesting gambling defense - not "gambling" if machines shows that you will get 8 coins the next time you pull the handle. Note no pay-out card as is being discussed in another chain. Displayed pay-outs would defeat the "non-gambling" position claimed by the FOK machine.
Attachments
Mills FOK.JPG
Mills Deferred.JPG
flipper77

Postby dancerdan » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:39 am

THIS WAS AN OLD E Mail, DESCRIBING A MILLS FOK, AND MENTIONING HE DID NOT HAVE THE KEY
TO UNLOCK AND REMOVE FACE PLATE. I HAD posted om this site RECENTLY A BUNCH LOCKS AND KEYS, WHICH INCLUDED
THE FLAT KEY FOR THE MILLS FOK. iF INTERESTED THE KEY IS $ 20.00 . IF IT DOES NOT WORK WILL REFUND.
DANCER DAN E MAIL madamzita@aol.com
dancerdan

Return to Machines For Sale