"Burstin' Horse Head" ????

Have a machine for sale? List it here. List reproduction machines at your own risk!

"Burstin' Horse Head" ????

Postby andydotp » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:45 pm

andydotp

Re: "Burstin' Horse Head" ????

Postby nvmos2 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:53 am

The seller stated in his listing; "I'm no slot expert ......"
I think that was clear without him having to state it.
Giving him the benefit of the doubt, it was probably that way when he got it and he just was flipping it without utilizing this forum for more info.

If only machines could talk;
I'm sure this one has an interesting story and could tell us which model was the organ donor.
Some of the experts here could probably tell given the opportunity for close examination.

Sold for $970;
perhaps new owner will discover this thread and let us know its fate:
restored? used for parts? Kept "as is" for interesting conversation piece?
nvmos2

Postby terick2104 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:20 am

I hate to admit this. I bought a Mills slot with a Castlefront top casting and a War Eagle bottom casting off of Ebay a couple of years back. Believe it or not
I thought I was buying a War Eagle. The machine arrived, I unpacked it and put it on the shelf until I had time to get to it. It sat there in my shop in plain view while I was working around my shop. Finally after a few weeks i decided to tear it down, I removed it from the shelf and only then did I discover the mismatched castings. I have only been doing this for 30 plus years. I gueass old age is catching up to me. Tom Erickson.
terick2104

Postby andydotp » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:19 am

"No fool like an old fool Tom",,,,,,,,,, Joking, Joking alright!! I've already upset another member today and don't wish to repeat.
Doubtless we've all made some 'questionable' decisions in this great hobby and I concur re the seller possibly being 'innocent'.
Easy fix with a new belly casting though eh?
andydotp
andydotp

Return to Machines For Sale