1930 Jennings peacock, mint vendor front .25. ORIGINAL CONDI

Have a machine for sale? List it here. List reproduction machines at your own risk!

1930 Jennings peacock, mint vendor front .25. ORIGINAL CONDI

Postby mrolucky » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:32 am

Asking 12,500 for this once in a rare moon opportunity to purchase an original jennings .25 cent gooseneck peacock with front mint vendor. I have had the machine for close to 30 years and originally bought it from an old man who had a coin up route which serviced speak easies in Chicago. This was one of three of his favorites that he took with him when the route ended. Let me know if you're interested in the piece of history.

It is an absolutely beautiful example of an original machine. You can see it in the photos I submitted years ago on this site.

Just look in the photo section under April 2005 jennings peacock. It has received more views than any other slot I see on here. It's an amazing artifact that I hat to pert with but I have reasons I need the cash.
mrolucky

Re: 1930 Jennings peacock, mint vendor front .25. ORIGINAL C

Postby andydotp » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:06 am

Mine's in far better condition, much 'Rarer', earlier serial number sold to your route operator by Al Capone (I have the original Tax Receipt) and only $11,999 #-o
:angryfire:
Oooohh, what is it with some people! :roll: Honestly!!!!!!!!! #-o #-o
andydotp

Postby nvmos2 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:33 am

mrolucky;
Are you serious?
Or am I so gullible I fell for a wild goose (peacock) chase?

I really wanted to see a 12.5K peacock,
but could not locate the pictures.
nvmos2

Postby mrolucky » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:46 am

Nvmos.

Please see my previous reply, it clearly applies to you as we'll.
mrolucky

Postby mrolucky » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:48 am

I would enjoy seeing a picture of yours since you are such a kind person, which leads me to my next commentary.

I have collected machines since the mid 80's, (believe me, I understand you're going to tell me I know nothing and have been collecting a very insignificant amount of time as compared to you, no need to say it), but had not been collecting much over the last 10 years. Years ago I signed up for this forum because I thought the gentleman running the forum did a great job in promoting the hobby. Over the last 25 plus years, I have seen and owned at any given time, quite a few machines, have over the years enjoyed the hobby but every time I get involved again on some level, I'm reminded why I got out. I'm also reminded of a friend who years ago said, "the problem with collecting coin op machines is the people you have to deal with. It is those very people who prevent the hobby from growing to the degree it should.".

When i asked him to embellish upon this statement, he explained most involved, are rude, Ill mannered asses. You know what, all I have to do is follow many of the postings on here to realize he is correct. It's as if there are a lot of bitter old ill mannered men on here with zero ability to be polite.

Fellow members, you do realize it is those folks who are going to drive this hobby into the ground. For God's sake, are we turning into a society of people like Kanya West, one without any respect to one another.

Here's an idea for you, I asked (and realize now, should have never done so) the rough value of this machine. I don't need and didn't ask for your rude commentary and on what you think of me. If you want to throw out an actual dollar value range, that would be fine, if not, don't respond.

Secondly, I posted it for sale with a rather high number I understand. However I feel relatively certain one will have a VERY hard time finding another one like it, should they want one and as such may be willing to pay a number you may not wish to pay. However, if you aren't interested, I don't need your angry, mean spirited, thoughts.

With the bitterness that runs rampant on here, I remember why I grew out of this hobby. You do understand if a hobby and its followers is not growing, then it's fading away, which will ultimately make all machines worth very little.

To the fella who said I should knock 11k off of it, you gotta be kidding. I have been offered 6500 for it on at least two occasions. Again, I say to that person, if you want to provide your idea of a rough value you believe it's worth, that's fine, otherwise, I don't need your commentary either. You guys are single handedly killing this hobby. Please have some respect for others.

To be honest, I'm not sure if you're Al Capone comment was for real or not but if you have that machine I would love to see it and of its already on the site somewhere, I guess I am just not understanding where to go to view it. I fully recognize the comment could have been you being a smart ass.

If there are folks who agree, I would encourage them to speak up now so there may be some chance of respect coming back to this hobby.
mrolucky

Postby nvmos2 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:06 am

mrolucky;

Calm down for goodness sake.

I was SERIOUS;
WHERE are the pictures?
perhaps they were dropped in a past revision to this web site.

When I couldn't find them, I thought just maybe you were pranking us.
nvmos2

Postby mrolucky » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:15 am

Nvmos.

If you were just kidding, please accept my apologies but truthfully, the rude nature of many collecors is killing this hobby and soon, the value of you machines as well.

To find the pic:

Scroll to the bottom of any page and you will see at the bottom right, the words that say "jump to", then you would click on the drop down arrow and select pictures and then select "go". This will take you to past pics. Scroll down that page to jennings peacock and click in to jennings peacock to see the pic. Or, you could look under the "view" column and scroll down until you see the one with THE MOST VIEWS EVER, that would be 2100 plus, and click on to jennings peacock.

Thank You for your response
mrolucky

Postby flipper77 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:41 am

Should have taken the $6500. At least $4000 over real value. But beauty of our hobby is you can ask what you want and spend what you want.
flipper77

Postby mrolucky » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:04 pm

Thanks flipper for another Rude comment, just amplifying my point.
mrolucky

Postby Dave » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:01 pm

Dave
Site Admin

Next

Return to Machines For Sale