Mills Brown Front Bursting Cherry 5 cent--SOLD

Have a machine for sale? List it here. List reproduction machines at your own risk!

Mills Brown Front Bursting Cherry 5 cent--SOLD

Postby oldslotman » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:54 am

I have a Mills Brown Front Bursting Cherry that was a basket case when I got it. It is all back together . I had to repaint it and refinish the wood. It works very good and also looks good. I am asking $1500.00 for it. Prefer local sale in the midwest. I am located in Bellevue Ne. just south of Omaha Nebraska.
IMG_0728.JPG
IMG_0726.JPG
Last edited by oldslotman on Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oldslotman

Re: Mills Brown Front Bursting Cherry 5 cent

Postby flipper77 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:37 pm

Very nice looking machine. And very nice paint job - did you do yourself? Just did a Brown Front restoration myself and paint didn't come out as well as yours. Did you spray the brown and brush on the orange? Good lucking mech as well. One of my favorite machines as they play so smooth. I just bought a Castle Front and pick it up next week. Hope the original paint is good enough to leave as is - Castle Fronts are a challenge to paint. Here was my Brown Front (sold as soon as I finished it)

Flip
Attachments
003 (2).JPG
flipper77

Postby oldslotman » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:11 pm

flipper77 wrote:Very nice looking machine. And very nice paint job - did you do yourself? Just did a Brown Front restoration myself and paint didn't come out as well as yours. Did you spray the brown and brush on the orange? Good lucking mech as well. One of my favorite machines as they play so smooth. I just bought a Castle Front and pick it up next week. Hope the original paint is good enough to leave as is - Castle Fronts are a challenge to paint. Here was my Brown Front (sold as soon as I finished it)

Flip

Both the brown and orange were hand painted. the orange was a pain. I painted over the old paint to try and save the texture look. I used a foam brush to dab the paint on so you don't get any brush marks. The orange took about 4 coats to get good coverage.
oldslotman

Postby flipper77 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:18 pm

Yes - if you think orange doesn't cover, try yellow! Many coats. If you blow up your Brown Front picture and look at the brown and orange seam where the colors come together, perfectly straight. Good job - you must have a steady hand.

Flip
flipper77

Postby andydotp » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:16 am

Afraid my hand wasn't steady enough so after about six tries I just went solid gold.

For the purists out there,,,,,,,,, I was learning OK?....

Oh, seems you must press ctrl- to get the bigger picture. Sorry, probably my fault.
a.p
andydotp

Return to Machines For Sale