Globe wanted

Have a machine for sale? List it here. List reproduction machines at your own risk!

Globe wanted

Postby veriperi » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:55 am

Wanted: Globe for Atlas Ace Deluxe Gumball machine.
veriperi

Re: Globe wanted

Postby buzzojoe » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:08 am

Roger at Crow River Trading has one for sale, but it's like $165.00. Roger is a GREAT guy, and his prices are fair! I'm NOT knocking him for his price. Those globes are RARE, and I've only run across one or two "loose" globes for sale in the past 20 or so years. You just have to decide if you want to spend $165.00 on a globe for a $200.00 machine.
Good Luck!
buzzojoe

Postby veriperi » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:32 am

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the one listed @ Crow river is sold. I haven't been able to find one elsewhere. But thanks away for the suggestion.
veriperi

Postby buzzojoe » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:46 pm

There was an old, beat up peanut machine at the Chicagoland Show a few weeks ago that had an Atlas Ace globe on it. I saw it and just as I walked up to it another guy picked it up and bought it. I think it was priced a like $80.00.
Being a member in good standing of COCA I should have offered the seller more money to cancel the deal with the first buyer and sell it to me instead....
buzzojoe

Postby veriperi » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:14 pm

I wish you would have gotten it, then I could have bought it from you.LOL. The thing that really grinds me is the fact I got the whole machine(with globe) on line for $112.00. But the guy who mailed it to me didn't do a great job of packing it. Sooo... between that and our dainty postal system I received a machine with a smashed globe. So much for a good deal. We have an insurance claim in the works, but all the money in the world doesn't help if there is no globe to buy. Oh well, maybe somewhere down the road I'll get lucky again.
veriperi

Postby buzzojoe » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:02 pm

UGH! HATE that!
I had a guy pack a very valuable peanut machine using empty plastic water bottles with the lids put back on as the packing material! Needless to say the globe was destroyed. Luckily I found a good used globe, but after the seller and the postal service both pretty much stiffed me I ended up having several hundred dollars more into the machine....
I'll keep an eye out for an Ace globe!
buzzojoe

Return to Machines For Sale