Harrah's Slot Machine Collection For Sale

Have a machine for sale? List it here. List reproduction machines at your own risk!

Re: Harrah's Slot Machine Collection For Sale

Postby Dave » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:03 am

Unless you have already sent me an email I am no longer taking offers for machines.

I am in the process of putting the final bid together and don't have time to answer any more questions about the machines or the bidding process.

Thanks to those of you who contacted me and put in a serious bid. The response was much greater than I anticipated.

I will be in touch with you later today regarding the details.

Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope we win. :D

Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:17 pm

Well, I put in my offers last night. The deadline was 5:00 PDT and I got mine in at about 4:54 :D

I submitted a total of 8 offers. One was for the entire collection. The others were offers of different permutations of the machines people wanted. I did this in case other people submitted offers on just some of the machines.

I was notified this morning that another offer came in higher so none of my offers were accepted. :(

Thanks to everyone who wanted me to bid on a machine or machines for them. Your deposit has been refunded via PayPal.

Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Postby nvmos2 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:49 pm

Thank you Dave for your gallant effort in allowing others to have the opportunity to get in on the Harrah collection.
It was a lot of coordination and hard work under very short time deadline!
nvmos2

Postby altort » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:19 pm

Dave
Thanks for taking the time to put all this together, quite a collection.
Did they mention if the offer accepted was for the entire lot?
altort

Postby marsonion » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:38 pm

I want to add my thanks to Dave here also. I was most interested in the Commander Console (though it's missing at least one piece of hardware in front), the Multibell and of course the Mills Dice... but I'm wayyyy too much of a cheapskate to make a non-ridiculous offer on any of these. :oops: I was determined not to waste your time and the wife confirmed that decision. But I've just gotta know one thing:

WTF is that blue crap that appears to be seeping out of the Jennings Console cabinet and onto the floor--?
marsonion

Postby Dave » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:02 pm

Hey everyone, thanks for the accolades. :D Sorry it didn't work out.

As I understand it, the machines are going to be at a VCA auction in October. Not sure if all the machines or just a subset.

To be honest, I was kind of relieved that my offer for the entire collection was turned down. I feel it was a strong offer given the condition of the items and the terms of the sale. They required payment in full in 3 days and everything removed in two weeks.

I was really hoping they would take one of the offers which was for a subset of the machines.

The logistics to get all that stuff out of there in two weeks would have been interesting. Plus it would have been a pretty good hit to the bank account. Once I had it then I would have had the huge task of getting the machines opened up and getting them working. These machines have not been operated in 30+ years.

Now I can spend time on getting the next $1 / no-reserve machine ready for eBay :D
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:08 am

FYI, here is the final list of machines that were sold.

BH_Collection.pdf
(52.09 KiB) Downloaded 346 times
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Midcoast Vintage » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:30 pm

thank you for providing this list.
i have questions on 2 machines as to what they actually are:
1) jennings aristocrat.
2) pace wagon wheel.
thank you, again.
Midcoast Vintage