Barn Fresh

Have a machine for sale? List it here. List reproduction machines at your own risk!

Barn Fresh

Postby gamblingman » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:50 pm

OK, here is the story. A friend of a friend referred me to a Chicago picker who had picked up a complete Mutoscope Digger while cleaning out a local estate. I had to go to a warehouse in the bowels of Chicago, but was able to make a great deal on the digger and one of the ABT shooting galley games (I will post pics when I get it dug out of the trunk of stuff I bought). At any rate, this gentleman also picked up 2 Mills slots and an American Eagle Trade Stimulator. With the exception of the back being removed from the trade stimulator, the machines have not been touched. He gave me a good deal on what I bought, and offered me the slots as well. I've pretty much switched over to digger restorations, and now with 5 restorations underway in my shop, there really isn't much more room, so I passed on them.

However, I told him since he gave me a good deal, I would take some pics and post them here before he puts the slots on ebay, to give our folks first crack at them. He really knows little about slots, and wasn't looking forward to posting them. So I am going to post the pics here and just PM me any offers or interest, and I will forward to him. He is based in Chicago, and I don't know if he will ship, etc. I'm not trying to make this an auction site, but I'm sure his motivation to call you back will be if he can sell them at a reasonable price. Once I give him the info, I am out of the deal, and you all can work out the details. I do not get a cut of anything, I just thought it might be nice to post here before ebay. He knows nothing about the history or the mechanics of the machines, other than what I am about to tell you. I don't know the guy other than meeting him a couple of times, but he has been more than fair and accommodating on the deals we have made.

1. The vest pocket looks complete other than the rubber feet being gone. It does appear there is some light corrosion around the bottom of the case, but I don't see any major rust. He told me it did come out of a damp basement. When you shake it, it sounds like there are coins still in it. He has NOT opened it, nor did I try to cycle it. the reel strips look good from what I can see. All of the flaps and doors are there, and it has original crinkle paint. I believe it is 5cent play, but again I am not sure.

2. The Mills QT is a 1 cent version. The jackpot window does have a couple of pennies in it, and when you tilt the machine, it sounds like more coins are within. Again, this sat in a damp basement. The handle and award card frame are rusty as you can see, but the wood doesn't look too bad, and I don't see a lot of rust or corrosion on the exterior. It's pretty dirty, so I'm sure it sat in a barn or shed for part of it's life. I did drop in a penny to see if it would cycle, and it will not. I believe the handle is stuck in the downward position, and the penny just fell into the slot. It has also NOT been opened, so I have no idea on the condition of the interior, although the strips look good and all looks original.

3. The trade stimulator speaks for itself as the back was off of it when he got it. I don't believe there are coins or tokens inside, but I really didn't look close. I was in a big hurry this morning running meeting to meeting. Again, all looks to be original and in good shape.

So PM me if you have any questions. I'm sure he would like to sell as a group, but I'm also sure he would welcome individual offers as well. LIke I said, I will forward anything you send me. From there it is up to him.

Thanks
Attachments
IMG_0979.JPG
IMG_0978.JPG
IMG_0977.JPG
IMG_0976.JPG
IMG_0974.JPG
IMG_0973.JPG
IMG_0953.JPG
IMG_0952.JPG
IMG_0951.JPG
IMG_0950.JPG
IMG_0948.JPG
IMG_0949.JPG
IMG_0947.JPG
IMG_0945.JPG
IMG_0965.JPG
IMG_0969.JPG
IMG_0971.JPG
IMG_0963.JPG
IMG_0962.JPG
IMG_0959.JPG
IMG_0958.JPG
IMG_0957.JPG
IMG_0955.JPG
gamblingman

Re: Barn Fresh

Postby mrcoin » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:53 pm

PM sent
mrcoin

Postby gamblingman » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:34 pm

Ed, let me know if my reply came through. It says it was sent, but it is also still sitting in the outbox........
gamblingman

Postby mrcoin » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:22 pm

Got your reply and just sent you an answer.
mrcoin

Postby Bob K » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:33 pm

PM sent
Bob K

Postby gamblingman » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:25 am

Thank all, I forwarded the info in the order received, and I am told first buyer bought them all. Glad our folks here could benefit.
gamblingman

Return to Machines For Sale