Selling/Trading my collection

Have a machine for sale? List it here. List reproduction machines at your own risk!

Selling/Trading my collection

Postby Highside » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:26 pm

I have been collecting for many years and currently have the following machine in my collection that are all in working condition and in excellent condition... I am open to offers and would like to sell all in one lot. Thanks! Additional photos available on request.
1) Mills 5C QT
2) Mills 25C Golden Nugget
3) Mills 25C Castle Front
4) Mills 5C Vest Pocket
5) Watling 25C Rol-A-Top W/Gold Award & Skill Stop
6) Watling 1C Treasury W/Gold Award & Gum Vendors, (Rare!)
Highside

Re: Selling/Trading my collection

Postby Dave » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:03 pm

Can you post some photos?

Especially of number 5 and 6.

Is golden nugget a repro?
Dave
Site Admin

Postby WatlingBird » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:49 pm

Where are they located? Can you email me photos and pricing? jason@jasonkeigher.com
WatlingBird

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:52 am

99% says the Golden Nugget is a FAKE. But there is always that 1% chance that it could be
one of the very few originals. So lets see a pix of it to be sure.
Speaking of which - check out item #261470257157 - Let the truth be told!
Read the answer to a bidders question. I know the seller, and there should be more answers
like this on fleaBay.
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby damikeguy » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:31 am

I'm interested also. Any pictures or prices? Location?
Mike
damikeguy

Postby Highside » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:46 am

IMG_2082.jpg
IMG_2115.jpg
photo 3.jpg
photo 2.jpg
Dave wrote:Can you post some photos? Sorry guys, not the best at using this forum and attaching photos, etc. Hope these come through OK... And to answer your question, No, the Golden Nugget was a Cherry Front, converted to the Golden Nugget deco... (I still have the take off cherries, etc.)
I am open to offers on all the machines, (I'm located in the Riverside area of So CA) and as I stated, I would "prefer" to sell all the machines in one lot...
Regards, thanks for looking...

Especially of number 5 and 6.

Is golden nugget a repro?
Attachments
IMG_2406.jpg
photo 1.jpg
photo 2.JPG
Highside

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:36 pm

Just as I had suspected - The "Golden Nugget" is NOT an original. This is one of the 1,000's of Fakes, that
have been flooding the market since the 1980's. These were being made-up, by using the more common
Mills "Cherry-Front", (aka "Black Cherry"), "Diamond-Front", and "Golden Falls" models. This is a machine
that a Non-Collector may be interested in, for a game-room, and should be noted as to what it really is,
and priced accordingly.
The "Castle Front" on your list, is a completely different machine, than what you have pictured. This is a
Mills "7-7-7" HighTop, that is an aftermarket revamp, called the "Silver Palace". Most of them used the
standard HighTop case design. They went a step farther with this one, using the 7-7-7 model. There is a
very lengthily story behind this configuration, for a later story.
Your Watling "Treasury" & "Rol-A-Top", are really nice Key machines, with all the 'Bells & Whistles'.
Hopefully all these features are present in the mechanism as well. Good luck with your sales.
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby Dave » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:43 pm

Actually, the Treasury has the incorrect bottom casting. I think that casting is from a Wonder Bell. The Treasury bottom casting has Gold Award but the award card does not indicate Gold Award and I would guess the reel bundle is not gold award.

The Rol-A-Top is missing the vending knob and the vending cover on the left side appears to be a replacement since there is no lock in it and no place for a lock to go. The Rol-A-Top bottom casting is also gold award but the award card does not indicate that it is gold award and I am betting the reel bundle is not gold award.

Given this is a $.25 machine with skill stops I am thinking it is probably a French Rol-A-Top.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Highside » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:36 pm

Well, sounds like I'm being projected in a negative light... I do apologize if i was inaccurate in my descriptions as I have/had NO intent to mis-lead anyone about these machines... I have been a long time collector, but am by no means at the level that you all must be, and certainly do not take this hobby near as "serious" as the person making the previous comments and implications... The "Golden Nugget is a machine I've owned for 25+ years and some time during that period I purchased a conversion kit and had the casting painted. My bad, sorry it is reflected in such a "negative" way to you all... I guess I should take in the back yard and destroy it with a sledge hammer and put it out of it's misery, and mine too...?
As far as my inaccurate statement about my Silver Palace conversion machine that I mistakenly identified as a "Castle Front", I have no excuse other then I must be just old and senile... I know what the machine is and its history, but it is kept at our vacation condo in another location and... (I had recently sold my "original) Castle Front...)
You all seem way too serious and up tight about the hobby of collecting these beautiful and artistic old machines that have brought me such pleasure over the past years... I've been kinda out of the loop/circle for many years and I and thought I would re-introduce myself to some of you other collectors, but just listening to most of the, (negative) comments, I think the "old school" folks I enjoyed interacting with and sharing our "treasures" have died with the likes of some of my old friends like Orin Yeager, (who was instrumental in introducing me the this great hobby/invention) and others...
OK, I'm done ranting... Best regards and success to you all and all your slot adventures... Signed The Bad Guy with the "fake" slots...
Highside

Postby randyjaco » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:40 pm

Highside, in what part of the world are you located?
"There are three and only three ways to reform our Congressional legislation, familiarly called, the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box" (Frederick Douglass)
randyjaco

Next

Return to Machines For Sale