Imp and Puritan

Have a machine for sale? List it here. List reproduction machines at your own risk!

Imp and Puritan

Postby nvmos2 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:34 am

I have been offered these 2 machines and am going to pass on them.

I do NOT own them and have NOT inspected them; I've only seen the photos.

Seller claims both are "complete and working except there is no back door for the Puritan."
He wants $300 for the Imp and $450 for the Puritan plus shipping.
Machines are located near Suffolk, VA.
From the photo; there is no lock on the Puritan front door and there are numbers superimposed on the reel strips.

If you are seriously interested, send me a PM with phone number and/or email address and I will ask Seller to contact you.

DSC00047.JPG

DSC00049.JPG
nvmos2

Re: Imp and Puritan

Postby Dave » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:37 pm

If you don't get any response from the forum you might tell the owner to go to http://www.AntiqueSlotMachinePriceGuide.com and click on the I Want to Sell a Slot link.

After they fill out the information emails will be sent to dealers and collectors who have purchased referrals. Some of those folks are not on the forum.

Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Postby nvmos2 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:31 pm

Dave;

Good suggestion; I will do that.

Frankly, I did not know that link was available there (since I seldom buy machines anymore, I have not used the Price Guide).

Thanks.
nvmos2

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:09 am

nvmos2:
The "Puritan Bell" originally had two back doors. A full size door, with an opening
at the bottom, for a smaller door. Both cast aluminum. The numbers painted over
the symbols on the reel strips, are not factory. They were put there by an operator,
or other owner. Could you please ask the seller what the serial number is, for my
Update Files? It is stamped on the left side of the front door. This machine looks like
one that was on eBay, not too long ago, and I may already have the number, but just
want to make sure. Also ask if it is 5c or 25c coinage.
Thanks, Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby nvmos2 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:58 pm

Bill;

Ref The Puritan Bell pictured above;
Seller states that the machine is 5 cent and the serial number "is worn but appears to be 0102b."

I asked him (by email) if it had been on ebay, but he did not respond to that question.

Also, I don't know if I've already given you this, but I have 2 of these machines;
5 cent serial number 2794 and
25 cent serial number 2576.

Jim
nvmos2

Return to Machines For Sale