No clue on what to sell this Mills Hightop

Have a machine for sale? List it here. List reproduction machines at your own risk!

Re: No clue on what to sell this Mills Hightop

Postby Dave » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:50 pm

I talked to her a couple of months ago. She gave me a figure of what she wanted for everything and sent me a bunch of photos of parts in bins. No inventory list or anything. It was impossible for me to really get an idea of what was there.

After giving it some thought, I thought the price was too high especially since I didn't even know what I was getting.

It would be a ton of work (and expense) shipping all the stuff to me, inventorying it, and then selling the stuff. Getting a decent ROI on what she was asking would have been very difficult, if not impossible (in my opinion).

I did not make a counter offer. If I had it would have been significantly lower than her price and I think she would have thought I was trying to take advantage of the situation.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby MONTI » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:17 am

Well, I will sure miss the convenience once they close up as I personally don't search out parts until I need them as my back stock of parts is limited, just picked up here and there and cannibalized off of parts machines in my storage, I don't know of anyone who has anywhere near what Tom had.
Anyone who has parts now will probably not be willing to share with other restorers after the parts stream dries up.
And yes, Tom did work on a handshake most the time, always did as long as I dealt with him, Great Guy from the good old hay days of slot restoration!
And Dave, I understand what you mean by ROI as unfortunately most of us in this hobby are up there in age and the new guys don't want to work on the old mechanicals, so unfortunately my friend we are a dying breed!
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:38 pm

NOTE:
There is another person that can partially fill Toms shoes, when it comes to parts.
Not so much with recasts, but original parts. He is a member of this Forum, but I
will leave it to him to voice his wares, if he so chooses. He does not have a catalog,
but generally knows what he has, and is willing to part with. He also Does Not list
any parts on eBay. OK Mr. Xxxx, the ball is now in your court.
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby WikiSlots » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:16 pm

Sorry to hijack this post ... if Mr. X has the side vender trip bar that attaches to the wall of the cabinet for a Mills, I would be very interested if he would PM me. Thanks! Dave M.
WikiSlots

Postby flipper77 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:42 am

Have the Mills side vender reset apparatus. Bought from Tom Krahl many years ago and never used. Well made repo. $30 including shipping. PM if still interested and thanks.

Flip
Attachments
012.JPG
flipper77

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:38 pm

Isn't this a wonderful Forum ................... PEOPLE HELPING PEOPLE. :D =D>
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby oldslotman » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:27 pm

SLOT DYNASTY wrote:Isn't this a wonderful Forum ................... PEOPLE HELPING PEOPLE. :D =D>

Yes it is.
oldslotman

Previous

Return to Machines For Sale