1946 Mills Black Cherry

Have a machine for sale? List it here. List reproduction machines at your own risk!

1946 Mills Black Cherry

Postby WikiSlots » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:16 pm

Hey everyone,

I've listed a slot machine for sale on Ebay. I am interested in selling honestly and would welcome any feedback, particularly if you see any issues or mistakes. As a COPS participant, I am committed to doing this right. I do realize that I have it priced too high.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-1946- ... 1305252725?

-Dave M.
WikiSlots

Re: 1946 Mills Black Cherry

Postby oldslotman » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:14 pm

The mech appears that it maybe from a later model mills like a high top, at least the timing lever and the clock. That type of timing lever I believe did not appear until about the latter 1940's. I don't believe this would have been used in an original black cherry. Maybe someone else has more info. The payout bib does not look correct either. I don't think the chrome is correct either. It also appears to have the wrong jackpot for that era. That was put in to match the newer mech.
oldslotman

Postby WikiSlots » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:52 am

As always, thank you so much for the attention to detail. I'm hoping someone else will chime in to confirm and I'll update the listing (I may just add a clause just in case).

I know I ask so many questions ... do you think I should put the original lock back on it? It's the kind with the steel plate that gets screwed onto the back door (not the bolts that come in through the back). Then, another steel plate slides over it to hide the screws. The lock even came with 2 matching keys to the lock. That's why I kept it, but now I've separated it from the original machine. I put the lock on my 1932 War Eagle, which I'm not even sure if the locks were lock that back then.

I know when I buy an antique, I'd really like to know it's complete, so I'm feeling a little guilty about swapping the lock, even though I made it clear in the ad.

-Dave M.
WikiSlots

Postby oldslotman » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:08 am

Hopefully another COPS member will chime in an give you some advice. If it was me I would keep the lock on the war eagle since this machine seems to have some issued that would not be helped by having the original lock which may not be original to that machine.
Last edited by oldslotman on Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oldslotman

Postby Dave » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:24 pm

I agree about keeping the lock on the War Eagle. The Mills Black Cherry is a common machine. I don't think the lock will really add that much value to it.

A potential buyer can always ask you to put it back.

You were very clear in the description.

Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Machines For Sale