Jennings 5 Cent Sweepstake Chief---Excellent Original

Have a machine for sale? List it here. List reproduction machines at your own risk!

Jennings 5 Cent Sweepstake Chief---Excellent Original

Postby Swami » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:25 pm

All original 5 Cent Jennings Sweepstake Chief. This machine is NOT restored. I would rate it a 9 out of 10. All serial numbers match. Machine plays very smooth. All payouts are correct.

If your not familiar with the Sweepstake it has the same mechanism as the Prospector. These are neat machines that are super fun to play.

I can send more photos if interested.

Price is $3,600 + Shipping. You are welcome to pick it up and save the shipping.

Call or email.

email: askswami@aol.com

Phone: 949-683-1392

Thanks,
Chris
Attachments
100_7978.jpg
100_7977.jpg
Swami

Re: Jennings 5 Cent Sweepstake Chief---Excellent Original

Postby watlingboy » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:26 pm

Chris,

Really nice machine and fairly priced. A few years ago you would pay that for a Sun Chief.

Watlingboy
watlingboy

Postby flipper77 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:24 am

The electro-mechanical functionality of the Sweepstake machines is a key factor. Presently a nickel Sweepstake machine on eBay that appears to be missing key electrical parts. Any comments on that eBay machine?
flipper77

Postby Whosignedmeup » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:57 pm

Hello, I also have a Sweepstakes Chief. Mine is missing the token drop (front left mech). I would you mind post a pic of the token drop? I believe the Ebay machine is missing the same part.
Last edited by Whosignedmeup on Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whosignedmeup

Postby Swami » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:43 pm

Hi George,

You are correct. I used to pay that for a Straight Sun Chief. This is a Great Machine and a fair price. I would really like one of the new collectors on this site to get it. They would be very happy with it.

Chris
Swami

Postby Swami » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:47 pm

Here is a photo of the Front of the Mech showing the Token Dispenser.

The machine on ebay is Missing ALL the Sweepstake Wiring on the Mech. It is also Missing the Token Dispenser. Those parts are just short of impossible to locate. Your best chance is to find a machine that has been damaged and strip these parts off of it.

Chris
Attachments
100_7986.jpg
Swami

Postby Dave » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:12 pm

Swami wrote:Hi George,

You are correct. I used to pay that for a Straight Sun Chief. This is a Great Machine and a fair price. I would really like one of the new collectors on this site to get it. They would be very happy with it.

Chris

This would be a great machine for a new collector as well as any collector who appreciates nice original machines which are getting harder and harder to find every day.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby flipper77 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:49 am

Thanks for the feedback on the incomplete Sweepstake on eBay - my conclusion as well that all of the Sweepstake parts are missing and impossible to replace. So this is a Sun Chief basically being bid up by naïve bidders thinking they can restore the Sweepstake functionality - sad! Here are closer pictures of my quarter Sweepstake - fully original and unrestored like we all look for. My Sweepstake light is flashing as it should but still cleaning contacts to keep the Sweepstake light on every 4-5 cycle. My quarter machine has a bug on the first reel to keep the horse from stopping so whatever club that was running this prevented the big jackpot from ever being hit. Always fun to find that stuff!
Attachments
012.JPG
011.JPG
010.JPG
flipper77

Postby flipper77 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:47 am

Forgot to point out - you can see the first reel "bug" in my middle picture.

Flip
flipper77

Postby Beads » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:20 pm

Flip,
I also have a .25cent sweepstake. I picked it up about two years ago and never hit the jackpot yet. I was just wondering if I have a bug on one of the reels.
I looked at the middle picture and cannot locate the bug.Mind you I have no idea what I'am looking for. What is it and where is it.
Thanks Bill
Beads

Next

Return to Machines For Sale