Pair Buckley Diggers

Have a machine for sale? List it here. List reproduction machines at your own risk!

Pair Buckley Diggers

Postby gamblingman » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:56 pm

I have 4 new Digger project coming mid-July, and as much as I want to keep them all, I need to make some room. I have a Pair of Buckley Diggers that I am going to put up for sale. The first is a nice Buckley Treasure Island, and the second is the scarcer Buckley Jewel Box. (right and left in the pic of 3) I am asking $2900 and $3400 respectively, and 6k as a pair. Both come with the stands they are on, and are very clean inside and out. Everything works as it should, and the nieces and nephews have a blast playing them. With them being over 80 years old, they are not cosmetically flawless, but they are as good as you will find. The Jewel Box came from the old Pike Amusement Park in Long Beach California, and the TI was found in a garage here in Chicago, so I don't have any history on it. If you have any questions, PM me. If you want me to ship, I will work with your shipper, however I will strongly advise against hiring an outside party to ship....I've had bad experiences with some larger items. Also, the bottom stand does not open, and is not intended to be a shipping crate. If it helps any, I live just down the road, and less then 5 minutes from the Chicago show.

Oh, and one thing I forgot to mention is that I replaced all wiring and added a switchbox inside the lower bottom area with 2 switches so that you can leave the unit plugged in and energize the lights and motor by opening a side panel rather than having to move the unit away from the wall. It also allows you run the lights for display, without energizing the switch, so visitors or children cannot operate unless you want them to. The switchbox is below and out of the way and does not detract from the unit, and can be removed at any time.
Attachments
TI.JPG
JB.JPG
3.JPG
gamblingman

Re: Pair Buckley Diggers

Postby sam2002 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:19 pm

Joe
When you coming to California ? You can tote em out here and I will darn sure take them off your hands ! Great looking stuff , wish I were closer ....
On another note , did you make the boxes that you are using as bases ? Would like to know more about those .
Thanks
Sam
sam2002

Postby gamblingman » Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:17 pm

Sam, I did make the boxes. They are simply 2X4 Frames covered with 1/4" veneered plywood that I stained with some old stain in the garage. Add a couple of handles and I cut and painted some wood corner guard and nailed it on. Very simple to make. Did 4 of them in my garage in about 3 hours. I had a couple of stencils made to do the paint, and there you have it.

Joe
gamblingman

Postby goodguy » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:19 am

They look great, great,what are the diomensions without is the base.height size is important.
Also is the travellong crane for sale?????(
live in NYC. Am interested, height size is important. madamzita@aol.com murray gottlieb
goodguy

Return to Machines For Sale