10 cent Watling Bird of Paradise

Have a machine for sale? List it here. List reproduction machines at your own risk!

10 cent Watling Bird of Paradise

Postby watlingboy » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:45 pm

Watling 10 cent Bird for sale. This machine needs exterior restoration as someone has painted the wood sides, incorrectly and also painted the top casting with copper paint at some time. I have gone through the mech and cleaned it, also adjusted it. The mech is very nice and runs like a top, it plays and pays as it should. The safety glass has deteriorated and turned brown. All the parts that usually have been removed from mechs are intact here. The reel strips are very nice original tin lithographed strips. The 3rd reel has a slight scratch in it caused by the reel stop lever. It had been out of service for some time. Two dimes were found in the slides, one dated 1965 and one 1969. The machine is missing the 3rd reel brake, cash box and it has a replacement back door lock, the back door is original. The back bonnet has a repair done to it. Someone must have tried to pry the back door off. None of this shows from the outside. If interested, contact me and I will send you more pictures. Price is $4,400.

Watlingboy
Attachments
DSC06916.JPG
DSC06913.JPG
DSC06919.JPG
watlingboy

Return to Machines For Sale