Mills .25 Slot for sale

Have a machine for sale? List it here. List reproduction machines at your own risk!

Mills .25 Slot for sale

Postby SoDakT » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:29 pm

I have a mills slot for sale. I bought this at an estate sale. It is all in pieces, taken apart but believed to be complete. it is missing the cash box. I don't know if this is real or a reproduction and welcome any comments. I have more pictures. I have owned it for about five years and don't think I am ever going to do anything with it. Therefore I am taking offers. Thanks for any help.

Image]

Image[/URL[img]

{URL=http://s633.photobucket.com/user/Sodakjack/media/020_zps1avrgt5a.jpg.html]Image
[/img]
SoDakT

Re: Mills .25 Slot for sale

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:46 am

Your machine is definitely an original. These were never reproduced, as they would not have been
worth the effort, price-wise. But this is one of three models, that are always used, to make-up all
the FAKE Golden Nuggets that have plagued this hobby for so many years. Especially being as it is
already 25c play, which is the coin-of-choice for the Fakes.
I am not interested in it myself, but good luck with any offers you receive. The castings are in very
presentable condition, and shouldn't be repainted. Although the wood case needs to be restored.
Hopefully the mechanism is complete, and be made to operate. But if it is apart, there is no way of
knowing, til it is assembled. You should show additional pix of the mechanism, and all loose parts,
which will help with your offers.
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby radiorich123 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:04 am

HI

I repair slots and will make you an offer. Need to see the slot mek and where are you located. Shipping is high on these slots.Thanks

Rich
REPAIRS ANTIQUE RADIOS AND COIN OPERATED MACHINES EMAIL
radiorich123@yahoo.com
WEB SIGHT www.technician.50megs.com
radiorich123

Postby slotdoc » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:59 pm

your machine is original
The Black Cherry was reproduced in the mid 1970 by a fellow named Tom Noel, who was one of the old timers that made and sold parts for slot machines
He made many different castings from uprights to Atkins front. He sold his business a few years before his passing to Tom Krahl who owned and operated (until his recent passing) Antique Slot Machine Co, in Chicago.
Most all castings were reproduced at one time or another and the machines cost about $500 to reproduce at that time, a machine would sell for $1000 or more.
Remember they were passed off as original, restored machines
slotdoc

Return to Machines For Sale