Coin op Regina 15-1/2" Table Top Disc Musical Box

Have a machine for sale? List it here. List reproduction machines at your own risk!

Coin op Regina 15-1/2" Table Top Disc Musical Box

Postby CoinOpNut » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:14 pm

Offering for sale a Regina disc music box.

Typically these would not be "in the mix" for coin op collectors, but since this particular model has a 1c coin slot and money drawer I figured I'd offer it here.

The good:
Machine had an older restoration - cabinet has been nicely refinished and the box plays well.
It has the correct (repro) lithograph in the lid frame that directs the patrons how to change discs and operate the box.
It's housed in a beautiful oak cabinet with lots of expressive grain and "character".
Overall, a fine looking and sounding box.

The not-so-good:
There are two broken teeth on one of the combs. Since those same teeth (notes) are intact on the opposing comb, you don't "lose" those notes. But, it does, in fact have damage to one comb.
The coin "check" parts that would only allow the box to play when a coin is inserted have been removed. So - you can just push the coin slot in and the box will play. Again - it's not something you notice first-hand, but it does impact the value.

Given these conditions, the machine is priced very aggressively for sale at $2,250.
This is less than many non-coin-op machines have been selling.

It includes the original winding handle and 5 metal discs.
Located in greater Los Angeles area. I can ship it (buyer pays actual transport costs). Or we could probably find a way to get it carried up to the next Chicagoland show if you want to pick it up there.

Start of 2016 with the gift of some turn-of-the-century mechanical music!

Contact me via message on this forum, or you can email me directly at coinopgeek@gmail.com.
You can also ring me @ 626/84O.4241
I can send additional photos as well as a link to a YouTube video to hear the machine playing.
Attachments
IMG_8444.JPG
IMG_8442.JPG
IMG_8441.JPG
CoinOpNut

Re: Coin op Regina 15-1/2" Table Top Disc Musical Box

Postby CoinOpNut » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:01 pm

Machine has been sold.
CoinOpNut

Return to Machines For Sale