25 cent Mills Horsehead with Bonus feature.

Have a machine for sale? List it here. List reproduction machines at your own risk!

25 cent Mills Horsehead with Bonus feature.

Postby rhodesbennett » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:16 pm

Hi All: I would like to get the opinion of the members on this 25 cent Mills Horsehead with bonus feature that is listed for sale in the upcoming Morphy's auction in Las Vegas. Lot #913. I am a newbie regarding this but the award card seems to differ from other Horsehead models and the color scheme does not seem to be accurate. Greatly appreciate your opinions on this machine. I am considering bidding if no red flags. Cheers, Dan

http://morphyauctions.hibid.com/lot/245 ... ef=catalog
rhodesbennett

Re: 25 cent Mills Horsehead with Bonus feature.

Postby TheFatman » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:33 am

I am not an expert on these but I do have one. My machine, and I thought all of this style and era, were 2 cherry payouts for 3 coins. It does look like a replacement award card. Also a possibility the mech is not original for that Horsehead machine. At least the reel strips look appropriately been replaced. Possible a mech from a newer high top bonus machine. The High Top model had a single cherry payout.
Dave F
1left.jpg
TheFatman

Postby rhodesbennett » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:41 am

Thanks Dave!! Dan
rhodesbennett

Postby altort » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:32 am

Hi Dan

This machine is one that needs to be looked at closer, I have two Horse Head Bonus and have seen several and never seen a one cherry pay out on one or original silver strips, I have the High Top Bonus and those have the one cherry pay and silver strips, cant make out from the picture if the award card has the ''BONUS 18'' on top, but this being a cast iron war time machine it is a bit different, notice the coin entry and denomination badge, that is totally different than regular production earlier machines, I have only seen one other like this and thought it was odd and made up , but now this is a second with that coin entry, I don't know if the other machine was cast iron, I don't think that these castings were ever reproduced, as far as the color more than likely a re paint.

Best to get the serial number and try to date the machine and check if there are any tags inside the cabinet that match, looking at the award card to see if it's embossed or silk screened.

If you cant make it down your self to look at it you could always call Morphy Las Vegas and get better pictures and description.

Good luck Al
altort

Postby rhodesbennett » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:51 am

Thanks Al! Dan
rhodesbennett

Return to Machines For Sale