Hodgkins, Il Estate Sale Jennings/Mills Slots

Have a machine for sale? List it here. List reproduction machines at your own risk!

Hodgkins, Il Estate Sale Jennings/Mills Slots

Postby cpdretired » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:15 pm

FYI anyone living near the S/W side of Chicago may be interested. I don't have any items in this sale. I am not employed by the company running the sale.
https://www.estatesales.net/IL/La-Grange/60525/1146609
cpdretired

Re: Hodgkins, Il Estate Sale Jennings/Mills Slots

Postby Billyzap » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:35 pm

Damn....hoping no one would notice that sale.....don't know if there are back doors or keys.....lady running sale has been elusive.....nor even what the price is on these machines
Billyzap

Postby JHSS-1944 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:30 pm

Any sale in any form , anywhere, is Always noticed by way to many. you rarely get any deals any more. always someone who wants it, wants to resell it , OR part it out piece by piece on E -ban.
but I hope you get a deal if you're buying.
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Postby Billyzap » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:52 am

What's funny is the research done by a lot of these estate sales people. They go the internet and put the highest prices they can find....and then for good measure throw on another couple of hundred. And this is done whether the machine is working, missing parts or is a hack job restoration or never been touched. So it is always a crap shoot. Hopefully areal can be stricken.
Billyzap

Postby cpdretired » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:13 am

Billyzap wrote:Damn....hoping no one would notice that sale.....don't know if there are back doors or keys.....lady running sale has been elusive.....nor even what the price is on these machines

Are you going to the sale? Let us know if you bought any of the slots. I'm surprised that Zygmunt didn't grab all of them.
cpdretired

Postby cpdretired » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:20 am

cpdretired wrote:
Billyzap wrote:Damn....hoping no one would notice that sale.....don't know if there are back doors or keys.....lady running sale has been elusive.....nor even what the price is on these machines

Chicago Estate sales should have a contact for slots. They run many sales in our area. Are you going to the sale? Let us know if you bought any of the slots. I'm surprised that Zygmunt didn't grab all of them. They just put up a 78 Caddy with 14,000 miles.
cpdretired

Postby Billyzap » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:39 am

One of my pickers will be there. I'm hoping that I could get that lions head. Sold the one I had to a friend who needed it for a gift. But if I could get all of them then that would be a good thing.
Billyzap

Postby Billyzap » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:38 pm

Well the sale went on this morning and my guy was right in there. We did not buy a thing. The lions/wolf head was at 1900.00. The sky scraper about 1300. The pointsetta was also up there. My guy didn't even go to see what the jennings was priced out which was a repaint. My picker just called and said some guy bought all three for over 3k. He left the jennings. Oh well didn't need them that bad. Didn't sound like any of the usual guys. Unless there is a dealer out there who is also an exterminator.
Billyzap

Postby JHSS-1944 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:47 am

sorry to hear "you" didn't take home anything.
seemed to be the same here 2 months ago , with a local auction ,no one ever heard of. many slots were in it & all sold above normal value and seemed only a few taking most of them home.
JHSS-1944

Return to Machines For Sale