50 cent Extraordinary Mills

Have a machine for sale? List it here. List reproduction machines at your own risk!

Re: 50 cent Extraordinary Mills

Postby JHSS-1944 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:26 am

Stephane;
thank you very much for showing us your machine!! I'm also pleased to see another variation of a non- U.S. used slot machine.
nice as a vendor also.
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Postby gsx11r » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:46 am

This coin entry for 1 Shilling (English coin , not French!) are exactly the same than the US Extraordinary !!
Since this Extraordinary have a mint vendor , you have the coin return when the vendor is empty .
It s the same parts than FOK or other Mills Silent Vendor .
Here is some photos from a 5ç Us ,a FOK ,and my 1 Franc coin entry ( French coin ,same size than a 25çUS ).
Stephane
mills extraordinary B.jpg

nickel3.jpg

Low 1.jpg
gsx11r

Postby Anglobritish » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:19 am

17a. Samson Novelty Co. Showroom London 1950's 001.jpg
2b. Harry Holloway Looks back 50 years Jan 10 1976 Coin Slot.jpg
Samson Novelty Airplane delivery Croydon Airport 1931.jpg
Samson Novelty Czech rep P. W. Hopstock 1932.jpg
Hi Guy's,
Although The Samson Novelty Company was the Mills Distributor for the U.K. they were also the main importer for France and the Benalux Countries of Europe. Samson did import some 25 cent machines from the U.S. and badge them for the English Shilling and the French Franc (There is not a French Shilling), they installed their own instruction cards and reel bands, it is interesting to see that the models that are dipicted on the sight are mint vendors, all of the extraordinary models produced specifically for the U.K. by Mills did not have mint vendors, they were never used by British operators, bottom line is the Extraordinary models shown in the Samson adds are the original models produced for the U.K. all other would have been 25 cent revamped imports from America. The Holloway family who owned The Samson Novelty Company were very close to the Mills family, both families lavishly entertained each other on the numerous trips back and forth across the "Pond". Samson Novelty on various occasions delivered machines to other European countries in John Hollaways private plane, they also had a resident representitive in Czecho-Slovakia, also find attached an interview in 1976 with Harry Hollaway who talks about the 1,000's of Mills machines ordered at a time and distributed by his company in 1931, and the special machine produced on the British coinage especially for the Samson Novelty Company.

Freddy Bailey
Anglobritish

Postby Anglobritish » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:17 am

3cc. Mills Extroidinery Golf Ball Vendor  1938 001.jpg
3cc. Mills 6d Century Golf Ball Console.jpg
Century 50 cent model.jpg
Century 50 cent model Description.jpg
Hi Guy's,
I have researched this subject a little further, and apparently this casting was used on the Mills 50 cent Console models, it was also known as the "Century" models, when I was a kid my late father always reffered to the Extraordinary as "Century". see the attached picture and description from David Christenson's book "Slot Machines a Pictorial Review", it also came as a Golf Ball model.

Freddy Bailey
Anglobritish

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:44 am

OK, before this thread gets wrapped-up, who has a nice "Extraordinary", in Dollar play,
that they would like to share with our viewers? My guess, is there are not many around.
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby Anglobritish » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:01 am

scan0032.jpg
[attachment=2]Hi Bill,
You are so right, I would love to be in an auction room, if ever one surfaces, can you imagine the excitement,

Happy 4th, of July, from "A Brit" Ha-Ha.

Freddy
Attachments
Mills Golf Ball Vender Bell.jpg
Mills Extroidinary in Hotel in Milwaukee 1940's.jpg
Anglobritish

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:01 pm

[quote/] Hi Guy's, Although The Samson Novelty Company was the Mills Distributor for the U.K. they were also the main importer for France and the Benalux Countries of Europe. Samson did import some 25 cent machines from the U.S. and badge them for the English Shilling and the French Franc (There is not a French Shilling), they installed their own instruction cards and reel bands, it is interesting to see that the models that are dipicted on the sight are mint vendors, all of the extraordinary models produced specifically for the U.K. by Mills did not have mint vendors, they were never used by British operators, bottom line is the Extraordinary models shown in the Samson adds are the original models produced for the U.K. all other would have been 25 cent revamped imports from America.
Freddy Bailey[/quote]

Boy-O-Boy! I've been corrected by you, and Stephane, in regards to there not being a French Shilling. As to why I said it, I have no idea.
I should know the difference, as I collected both U.S. and Foreign coins since childhood, when my Mother got me started. Sorry fellas.
Now I have to go back, and finish rolling up my U.S. Yens, to bring to the bank, as they kept jamming-up the machine I was using them in! #-o
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:25 pm

Freddy:
A Very Happy "4th of July" to you as well, and don't burn your fingers with the sparklers!

That sure is a very impressive line-up of Mills "Club Bells", at Williard White's establishment.
I can just in-vision most of the celeb's in the pictures on the wall, having played them during
their visits.
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby Anglobritish » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:36 pm

Hi Bill.
What you lack in your knowledge of European currency you certainly make up in your incredible knowledge of Coin Operated machines. Anyway you were close Austria did have a Schilling coin at one time, by the way I got an email out of the blue today from a Malcolm Graham, asking what I knew about the Samson Novelty Company and the Hollaway family, he said Charles Hollaway was his Grandfather and Jack Hollaway was his great Uncle, I sent him a picture from a Mills "Spinning Reels" magazine showing Charles Hollaway with a quote "Mr. C. Hollaway listening for the fifth click", in 1934.

Talk soon.

Freddy
Anglobritish

Previous

Return to Machines For Sale