50 cent Extraordinary Mills

Have a machine for sale? List it here. List reproduction machines at your own risk!

50 cent Extraordinary Mills

Postby interested again » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:01 pm

Looking to sell this very nice Mills Extraordinary. This machine plays perfect and pays correctly EVERY time when you hit the Bells, plums, oranges or cherries. It is not restored and has some paint chips here and there as it has been played and enjoyed.
Orig key, has gold award feature with tokens and it works.
Located in Los Angeles
Asking $2300
PM questions please.
Attachments
20160628_113847.jpg
20160628_113747.jpg
20160628_113520.jpg
20160628_113457.jpg
interested again

Re: 50 cent Extraordinary Mills

Postby flipper77 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:43 pm

Are the skill stops operational? Appears so in the pictures but you did not mention.

Flip
flipper77

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:19 pm

This is a nice machine, with all the available features, but I have my suspicions, as to it originally being an Export model, that operated
on the large English 1d penny. You say it pays correctly, but someone may have installed a set of U.S. slides. I re-coined many machines,
that were making their way back to the U.S. market, from several Foreign locations, starting in the late 70's to early 80's. Your machine
has an odd-ball top casting, from all other U.S. denominations, which was standard practice for many different mfrs. export models, made
for larger coins. The coin entry is normally on the front left of the top casting, opposite the denomination badge. You also mention chipped
paint, but not the gaping hole at top center. Some original castings are hard enough to find, let alone one of these. Maybe someone else
will lend some additional info on this model, as I am much more familiar with most other Mills models, than this one.
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby flipper77 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:32 pm

Amazing! I focused on the skill stops and missed the casting break entirely! The operation of the skill stops matters little now.
flipper77

Postby interested again » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:07 pm

Hi Flip, sorry I forgot to mention the the skill stops do work, guess i overlooked that.

I hope someone with more info can help out with, i have only owned this for a few years so history from that far back would be great.

SLOT DYNASTY "You also mention chipped paint, but not the gaping hole at top center" that's kinda funny at first read i thought you were serious. #-o
interested again

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:10 am

I did over-exaggerate "gaping Hole", but it does appear from your pix, that the opening
has broken chunks missing from it. Then again, maybe it's just chipped paint. I do know
that there is not a hole all the way through, as witnessed by the inside shot.
A close-up will help clear the air. Thanks
Last edited by SLOT DYNASTY on Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby JHSS-1944 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:13 am

I'm not an old timer on collecting these but, don't recall seeing this version before. 50 cent odd ball enough but, coin entry in that location....
I'm also thinking British used machine originally.
Regardless , nice machine with all the extras. A bit high on the price for me but, I wouldn't mind have this in my collection.

will be waiting further details from other collectors. Will be saving the photos for my reference for sure.
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Postby JHSS-1944 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:01 am

On a Google search ,I found 2 others "rebadged" as 50 cent machines (square coin button) ....... AND.......
2 others with the original (Round coin button) in the british 6d coin (U.S. nickle sized coin).

Of course the 50's were stone cold mint looking, ect.,ect. the other 2 were totally beat up , repainted badly , but had all original strips & P.O. cards (1 was fruit ,other was numbers / colors).

ALL 4 with coin entry as this one , in the "center".

looks to be Brit. used ( 1 d coin) , then converted to a U.S. coin (50 cent).

Still nice looking machine & an oddball here in the U.S. but, non- U.S.made / used slot machines sell for Far less money & Few want them.
I know this doesn't help you any but ,it is what it is.
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Postby JHSS-1944 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:09 am

also , all 4 with the skill stop buttons, only 3 had the golden award. (6d with fruit reels didn't).
the only Dollar version I saw (so far , wasn't searching for it) had it's coin entry located where "we", are use to seeing it, on the left side. it also with skill stop buttons but , no golden award..... and in Full chrome.
j.h.
JHSS-1944

Postby sam2002 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:47 am

JHSS-1944 wrote:also , all 4 with the skill stop buttons, only 3 had the golden award. (6d with fruit reels didn't).
the only Dollar version I saw (so far , wasn't searching for it) had it's coin entry located where "we", are use to seeing it, on the left side. it also with skill stop buttons but , no golden award..... and in Full chrome.
j.h.

I know of one collector who intends to convert on of his Extraordinary machines to dollar , he has the entire set in console version and said that Mills never made a dollar Extraordinary but he was going to make one just to complete his console series .
So the question is ,did Mills make a one dollar extraordinary ?
sam2002

Next

Return to Machines For Sale