BD Novelties 5 Cent old Slot Machine for sale

Have a machine for sale? List it here. List reproduction machines at your own risk!

Re: BD Novelties 5 Cent old Slot Machine for sale

Postby MONTI » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:02 pm

Richard!
Avatar looks great and you even cropped it and took out unwanted portions! LOL

Father Time be looking Good!

Take Care,
MONTI
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:23 pm

Yes Richard, I noticed right away, how Father Time is much younger now! Kudos to you! =D>

Now we will focus on how many extra pics we will receive on the Jennings revamp. #-o
I can't understand why, when someone is offering a machine for sale, they don't tack a price
to it? This is a Forum, Not eBay. We are not here to battle over items. You post good pics, and
a honest description, with price, and take the responses in the order received. Simple as that!
And let us not forget the person, who so graciously lets us use this site, to sell on a FREE basis.
He deserves more than just a 'Thanks', for all his hard work. Although I don't know the number,
many did contribute to Dave's worthy cause, last month, which is a Big Plus. Congrats!

Our car club does several charity events every year, but the big one in August, always has 325
to 350 cars on display, many regular sponsors, a raffle, an auction, a huge BBQ, and each year
we average around $35,000.00, (after expenses), to split between the three charities. Even some
of the special-needs children donate their time at the event, like in the ice cream & soda stands.
Does our hearts good!
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby Richard13 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:38 pm

FATHER TIME? Heavens you must be a youngster that doesn't remember the important stuff like the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers, Marilyn Chambers and MR NATURAL!! Mr Natural a charactor from the twisted but sophisticated genius of Robert Crumb! Who by the way is alive and well living off royalties from his comics from the 60's and 70's in France.

His illustrations in the comics and the cinimagraphics of Ms Chambers forever made an indelible impression on a 14/15 year old boy....but I can't act on any of that stuff anymore alas so it's off to the island of mis-fit and broken down coin ops for me! I have quite the collection of Marilyn signed 8x10's....if anyone is interested. The wife "let's me" display them in the firearm vault.

I am trying very VERY hard to refrain from posting a tasteful yet favorite and early glossy from early 70's....
Looking for survivor machines especially vendor fronts or original side vendors with or without
a machine. 1920's-30's goosenecks, round escalators. I enjoy hand painting the castings.
Richard13

Postby MONTI » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:49 pm

Well I am a by product of the 50's and 60's so yes I remember Marylin Chambers, yes indeedy, but I digress!
And as I sometimes forget what happened in the 60's the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers do ring a bell! LOL

My how time flies!
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Postby Richard13 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:51 pm

Jeez another Father Time reference. Maybe I should post FRITZ the cat instead? Here is another shameless plug for a free website. If any of you has or is looking to buy or sell vintage 1911 pistols or parts here is my site http://www.vintage1911s.com

No forum anymore takes too much time playing babysitter and keeping the spam posters out of it. But buying and selling is free! Having the site cut my flea bay and PP fees hundreds of dollars a month!! The site only costs like $120 a year so it's a bargain I can share! I think this OP was fishing for values and a quick score maybe. Doubt he will be back and just sell local on CL

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (44.15 KiB) Viewed 5712 times
Looking for survivor machines especially vendor fronts or original side vendors with or without
a machine. 1920's-30's goosenecks, round escalators. I enjoy hand painting the castings.
Richard13

Postby trent » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:32 pm

Another video of the insides and I don't know much about the gum dispenser but I don't know if it works? And it says, "extension .mov is not allowed" so if you want to see the 1 minute video on the outside and inside workings, please give me your E-mail address. As for my asking price, it says in the 1st listing "any reasonable price considered". Also I had it for sale at my garage sale and an appraiser stopped by and said that is what it was worth. And this Slot machine was given to me from my father many years ago and it's just been sitting unused.
Trent
trent

Postby Richard13 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:45 pm

I sent you my email address hours ago via the forum email link to you. Here is my personal email address

Reomanager1@aol.com

Thanks
Richard13

Postby Richard13 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:01 pm

Hey Trent here is what a $1500 dollar plus machine looks like with that side vendor. Depending on what part of the country you are located in and the demand etc. possibly your machine could be worth $2000 bucks if it was in complete original condition and still had all the original paint and non oxidized aluminum castings and was regularly maintained.

image.jpeg

Notice the side mint vendor like yours has. IMHO that is the most valuable part and if it is not complete as another suggested it might not be then it could be years or decades of looking to find the correct parts to go in it. Same for the in the slot case linkage that trips the mint vendor. Those things are made of unobtanium and some of us actually have to hand fabricate a reasonable facsimile from scratch to get the machines to work.

The internal mechanism is another story, a gooseneck Jennings mech. Pretty much indestructible and over engineered but challenging none the less.

I am looking forward to the video and possible photos of the front lower mint vendor and the inside of the mint vendor with back off and the inside of the case on the handle side to see if the actuating parts for the vendor are there.

Thanks man. San Jose that's where my 67 Mustang was born.
Attachments
image.jpeg
Richard13

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:19 am

Alright Richard:
I know the first pix of the "Dutch Boy" is to show trent what a decent machine looks like, but what's with
the second pix of the Jennings with the Rock-Ola conversion? Are you trying to confuse the troopers? #-o
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby Richard13 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:29 am

No no i was just showing him the same vendor that his machine has that's all. I'm wondering if maybe that vendor was made by mills and somehow adapted to his Jennings machine? The only Jennings vendor I had were two Today vendors and they almost killed me trying to get one machine together that actually worked. Had to give up too many parts in that vendor for anyone to work on.

He still has not sent me photos of the inside of the cabinet or the insides and front of the vendor. The mechanism in the machine runs but is all herky jerky because it's not held down to the base plate or something else is missing.probably no big deal. The only reason I am considering this machine is the side vendor and if it's not repairable it's not worth much to me.
Richard13

PreviousNext

Return to Machines For Sale