Coin Operated Machine History

Have a machine for sale? List it here. List reproduction machines at your own risk!

Coin Operated Machine History

Postby Anglobritish » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:43 pm

Hi Guy's,
I have two Keeney machines in my garage, one is a Bonus Super Bell and one is a super Bell, the Super Bell was working when I put it in my garage a couple of years ago, they are both complete, I will take any reasonable offer, we are moving to Florida in about a month, I am not going to take them with me.

I don't hold out any hope of selling them on this forum, as I recently offered two slot machines to the members, and got hardly any interest, it seems that although there are new collectors joining this forum, who are purportably looking to buy machines to start, (I sold both of the machines I offered to the very first dealer that came and looked at them), and yet these new collector wannabe's, had no interest. I honestly believe that with the exception of several members who are the most knowledgible in the world and constantly answer sometimes what is sometimes the most stupid questions imaginable, keep this great forum going, but when I hear that a new collector is looking for a part or a service manual, who do not really want to put their hands in their pockets, and only want to pick the brains of those great members of the forum, it flusterates me.

Collecting slot machines and other coin operated machines can be a very expensive hobby, After more than 60 odd years in the industry, I am going to dispose of all of my collection of paperwork. I am not offering it for sale on this forum, so please do not inquire about what I have for sale.

I will still watch this forum with interest, and from time to time answer questions about machines in the U.K.

You guy's are so lucky to have such collectors as SlotDynasty, Watlingboy, Stephane, Monti, Swami and the rest of the die hards who truly love the hobby with a passion.

And lastly I think that your administrator Dave deserves a big pat on the back, it is not an easy task running such an High quality web site as this. Well done Dave.

Freddy Bailey
Attachments
Keeney-1.jpg
all pictures from camera 1027.jpg
Keeney-2.jpg
Keeney-3.jpg
Keeney-4.jpg
Anglobritish

Re: Coin Operated Machine History

Postby clubconsoles » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:10 am

Anglobritish wrote:Hi Guy's,
Collecting slot machines and other coin operated machines can be a very expensive hobby, After more than 60 odd years in the industry, I am going to dispose of all of my collection of paperwork. I am not offering it for sale on this forum, so please do not inquire about what I have for sale.

I will still watch this forum with interest, and from time to time answer questions about machines in the U.K.

Freddy Bailey

Hi Freddy
I do not understand what you are trying to say here?
Why would you mention you are selling your valuable paper collection, and yet refuse to sell it to any forum member who may want to buy it and continue to share the knowledge amougst all of us?
Are you planning to auction it?
Surely, by stating that you wish to sell, yet refuse to accept enquiries about it, will just get peoples back up?

Why would you only answer questions " about machines in the U.K." ???
This is a forum for mostly US collectors, therefore, most all of the machines we talk about reside in the US.
Has someone rattled your cage?
If so, please do not take it out on all the forum members, as with any forum there will always be a few time wasters, no one is perfect!
Cheers
Nigel
clubconsoles

Re: Coin Operated Machine History

Postby Anglobritish » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:02 am

Nigel,
I will just say you are right, say no more, I will still watch your forum with interest, but without commenting, I wish all of your American collectors well in their collecting.

Freddy Bailey
The Official British Coin Machine Historian.
Anglobritish

Return to Machines For Sale