Mills Check Boy sold

Have a machine for sale? List it here. List reproduction machines at your own risk!

Re: Mills Check Boy for sale

Postby Chris » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:47 pm

Here's pics of the pin adjustment. Located on the very back RT . You can move this lever 1 of 2 positions...and pin it.

This moves the "Lock in Lever" that stops the wheel . Notice there's 2 stop/ cog wheels attached to the wheel.

What is this adjustment for ?
Attachments
PB020010.JPG
PB020005.JPG
Chris

Postby Chris » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:51 pm

Here's picture of the gaffs / cheaters / or blank-outs that are on a couple of the "payout" wheels.
Attachments
PB020009.JPG
Chris

Postby Richard13 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:42 pm

It looks like I will have to pull mine out and try to pin that back and see what happens. Nice bugs in there I wonder if it's the high roller $2 dollar payout that was bugged. Might not get to it tonight there is some ball game on everyone is coming over to watch and I have to clean up and start cooking. If you pin yours and test it let us know what happens.
Looking for survivor machines especially vendor fronts or original side vendors with or without
a machine. 1920's-30's goosenecks, round escalators. I enjoy hand painting the castings.
Richard13

Postby Richard13 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:38 pm

Hey Chris I think I figured it out mine has a cotter key in the hole for that lever you were asking about. I pulled the pin and moved the lever over after trying to line up the huge payout with no luck.
IMG_4645.JPG

Then I ran the mechinism again after lining up the payout lever on the 40 coin win and it dumped 40 buffalo nickels! Here is a close up of the star wheel or star gear. You can see the payout indent with the punch mark next to it is much smaller than the rest of the "teeth" on the star gear. Several of the other indented teeth on that same wheel are also shallow cut!!

So when the tooth selector hits star gear with lever pinned to inside position AND pay out wheel lined up to pay it does not pay. Maybe it is for manual payout of tokens or something?
IMG_4649.JPG
Attachments
IMG_4648.JPG
IMG_4647.JPG
Looking for survivor machines especially vendor fronts or original side vendors with or without
a machine. 1920's-30's goosenecks, round escalators. I enjoy hand painting the castings.
Richard13

check boy

Postby Chris » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:51 pm

Any interest ?
Chris

Previous

Return to Machines For Sale