Mills Check Boy sold

Have a machine for sale? List it here. List reproduction machines at your own risk!

Mills Check Boy sold

Postby Chris » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:15 am

sold
Last edited by Chris on Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chris

Re: Mills Check Boy for sale

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:29 pm

Hi Chris:
Nice machine. Too bad about the hamburger repair to the reel spokes, but that can easily be redone
to match original. I have seen another of these models that had cherries on the reel, but they are not
printed on the original strip. They were pieced-in by some operator, or whomever. Sort of like having
a lemon on a 3-reeler. It is rather silly, because you can't select it, and it would pay on whatever symbol
is under it, if you selected that choice. That is, if they didn't bug the pay-notch as well. If the cherries are
not glued-on, I would remove them, to reveal the orig. symbols. But the pay features will also have to be
checked. Can you please tell me what the serial number is, on the inside sticker, and does it match the
serial that is stamped in the wood, just above the back door. I see it, but can't make out all the numbers.
Thanks, Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

check boy

Postby Chris » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:07 pm

Checkboy sold
Last edited by Chris on Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris

checkboy

Postby Chris » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:21 am

checkby
Last edited by Chris on Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris

check boy

Postby Chris » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:23 am

Nobody interested
Last edited by Chris on Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:35 am

Chris wrote:Nobody interested in making offer ?

Any buyer at $3500. ?

Chris:
That's a very fair price. I don't need another "Check Boy", otherwise I would jump on it.
I will contact a few of my customers, that do not monitor this Forum, to see if there is
any interest.
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Re: Mills Check Boy for sale (updated)

Postby Chris » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:10 pm

I actually spent an hour or two today on the Check Boy mechanism. I got it to "work" ... Accepts coins... handle engages mech... wheel spins and stops.

Still needs to be dialed in.... but at least it "goes through the motions".
Last edited by Chris on Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris

Postby Richard13 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:45 pm

Hey Chris THANKS FOR SHARING! I'm really glad you are tinkering with it and thank you for your help when I asked you questions about yours when I saw it on eBay. I had a small problem for a while with mine until I figured it out and notice you have the same problem. When you operate the machine the coins or tokens fall straight thru to the coin box. I saw photos online of machines with the coins played in the window somehow stopped. Once I watched the mech work and saw the little fingers move to the left TA DA I figured it out. If you are keeping the machine or not and it is a fun machine here is what I did that I believe is the original way the machine came.

IMG_0619.JPG

Make a couple brackets like this one for both sides. Then get yourself a piece of single strength glass that fits in between the brackets and presto the coins stop and drop on the next play. I use buffalo nickels in my old machines they look cool and play well in all my old trade stims.

IMG_0620.JPG

Maybe later this week I will post some photos of what else I made for my machine that you helped me with. It's coming out really good.
Looking for survivor machines especially vendor fronts or original side vendors with or without
a machine. 1920's-30's goosenecks, round escalators. I enjoy hand painting the castings.
Richard13

Postby Chris » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:28 am

Thanks.. Mech was missing those braces on the L & R that held the glass. ... Easy fix.

Have a question of a small "pin" / adjustment. I noticed there are 2 cog / sprockets that are attached to the wheel. On the lower right back edge you can make an adjustment as to which cog sprocket the stop locks into. Just guessing... does the adjustment make it a "hand pay" / over the counter pay machine VS a mechanism pay machine. Or am I'm totally out in right field ?

Also, I noticed some "cheaters" / "blockouts" on a couple of pay out wheels.

I'll post some pictures later.
Chris

Postby Richard13 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:34 am

Post the photos so I can compare to my machine and I will let you know what I can.
Looking for survivor machines especially vendor fronts or original side vendors with or without
a machine. 1920's-30's goosenecks, round escalators. I enjoy hand painting the castings.
Richard13

Next

Return to Machines For Sale