Mills Golden Nugget

Have a machine for sale? List it here. List reproduction machines at your own risk!

Mills Golden Nugget

Postby sam2002 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:53 pm

1968 Mills Bell-o-matic M head open front slot machine.
Probably one of a few remaing survivors . This machine is a unique machine due to the fact that it incorparates a hopper payout for the jackpot . It is an almost purely mechanical machine with the exception being $7 dollar hopper payout as well as 20 coins delivered from the payout tube for a total $8 dollar jackpot . This machine was made during an era
(ca. 1968 )that Mills and other slot companies were begining to struggle .As most of you know, Bally was on its way to taking over the slot machine industry with its electro-mechanical machines .
With the research I have done on this machine ,I believe this to truly be a “rare” machine. People who have been in this hobby far longer than me have never seen this machine .
One collector I had contact with assured me this machine did
exist ! It came in 2 varieties , blue artwork front , and also a red artwork front version.
My opinion of this machine is that Mills was desperately seeking ways to fend off the Bally company and this was one of thier experiments .
I am hoping to match this machine up with a collector that will truly appreciate this for what it is ! Gaming history !
Before making any other attempts to sell this machine it will be offered here .
If you have any questions feel free to contact me .
I will consider trades or sell this machine outright.
Due to it’s hopper it is larger and heavier than a standard Mills machine .
The base in the photo can be included in the deal though I doubt it is an original base.
Thank you for looking and a BIg Thank You, to the members of this forum that went out of thier way to help me with this project !!!
The machine works flawlessly and effortlessly!
Attachments
D17D249B-1C67-4148-8FBD-D4A74B49F276.jpeg
sam2002

Re: Mills Golden Nugget

Postby Dave » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:51 pm

Interesting machine.

I am collecting much earlier machines these days so it is not right for me though.

Thanks for posting.
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Machines For Sale