25¢ Mills Black Beauty Jackpot + 20

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

25¢ Mills Black Beauty Jackpot + 20

Postby aldiener » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:03 am

Hi everyone,
I have the above referenced machine and the Jackpot is not paying out
on three Bell Fruit(s).

I am attaching photos of the jackpot as it sits inside the case. It appears there are
springs and possibly parts missing. The screws are frozen and I don't want to risk
damage by trying to remove it from the case.

If you have this machine, with a working jackpot, would you post photos for me, of
the side of the jackpot, if removable, as well as it is installed? Additionally,
if you are familiar with this machine and can discern what is missing or what I
can do to correct this issue, would you let me know?

I would be most grateful for your support.

Sincerely,
Amy

Jackpot 3a.jpg

Jackpot 1a.jpg

Jackpot 2a.jpg
aldiener

Re: 25¢ Mills Black Beauty Jackpot + 20

Postby RameGoom » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:34 pm

Hope this helps:
blackbeauty05.jpg

blackbeauty06.jpg

blackbeauty-jackpot.jpg
Slowly building a knowledge base on E2000 series Bally machines and J400 Jennings. Started with the antique Mills and Jennings. Getting there...
RameGoom

Postby aldiener » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:21 pm

Hi RameGoom,
Thank you for your response.

I am wondering, does your jackpot payout as expected on 3 Bell Fruit?

I think our jackpots look similar and I am somewhat hopeful if your machine is paying
out properly.

Thank you for your time.
Amy
aldiener

Postby oldslotman » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:48 pm

You need to show a picture of the mech to see if you have the correct trip lever for the jackpot.
oldslotman

Postby RameGoom » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:14 am

Yes, it pays properly. The payout has to do entirely with the payout fingers and slides. It's possible one of your slide springs has either too much tension, or not enough. The fingers align with the holes on the reel discs, and there is a combination of those that determine the payout. There's a number of actors involved in correct payout, the most common problem being that the slides were lubricated; they need to be bone-dry.
Slowly building a knowledge base on E2000 series Bally machines and J400 Jennings. Started with the antique Mills and Jennings. Getting there...
RameGoom

Postby montanaslots » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:55 pm

Looking at your picture, the upper part of the jackpot is not there because this machine is a hand load jackpot which means you put the coins in thru the round lock in the area of the award card. The lock is a plug type and that when removed opens to allow the feeding of coins directly into the jackpot. Now as to your problem with the jackpot not paying, have you tried to lift up the trip lever on the left side of the jackpot? Try manually tripping the jackpot and check the front of the machine to see if the lower jackpot door opens. I am working on a machine that sat for years and the lower jackpot door is stuck shut. The only solution if this is the case is to remover the jackpot by unscrewing the top screw and the left and right screw at the bottom of the jackpot. You then have to take the jackpot of of the machine and remove and clean the lower door so that is swings freely and opens when the jackpot is tripped. In order to remove the jackpot you need a flat blade screwdriver about 15 inches in length. You will also need a flashlight to see the position of the three screws. Yes it is a little tricky especially when you reinstall the jackpot you have to be careful not to cross thread the bottom screw especially the one on the left above the handle pump.
montanaslots

Postby aldiener » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:37 am

Hi Montanaslots,
Thank you so much for your response.

YES! my machine has a hand / front load jackpot.

Can you tell and/or show me exactly where the trip lever on the left side of the jackpot is located? Once manually tripped, will it reset itself?

I appreciate your time, clarity, and support.

Sincerely,
Amy
aldiener

Postby gsx11r » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:16 pm

Hi aldiener
As asking before , no photos of the mechanism , no solutions !!
Send a photo of the front mechanism (global and arround the coin slides!) and you will certainly received more help !

Stephane
gsx11r

Postby aldiener » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:50 pm

Thank you, Stephane, for your clear response.

Posting mechanism photos is on my to do list and will likely happen over the weekend.

Sincerely,
Amy
aldiener

Postby aldiener » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:09 pm

Hi everyone,
Attached are what I hope are relevant photos so I can get some advice on setting and/or testing my Mills Black Beauty (frontload) jackpot.

If I have somehow neglected to share sufficient information through these photos of the mechanism, would you please let me know :-)

Also, I regret some of the photos are not orienting properly online. However, once you click on an image, this issue does correct itself.

Thank you so much for your time, patience, and expertise in this matter.

Sincerely,
Amy

Frontview 1.jpg
Frontview 1

Frontview 2.jpg
Frontview 2

Jackpot 1.jpg
Jackpot 1

Jackpot 2.jpg
Jackpot 2

Rearview.jpg
Rearview