Roman Head Vendor Restoration

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Roman Head Vendor Restoration

Postby scottzearbaugh » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:59 pm

I was able to purchase a Roman Head recently at the Chicagoland show. I also got a couple stands and the real gold award tokens. There is nothing like just going to the show and finding items to add to your collection. Anyway, I did purchase the correct vendor separately. I would not have known exactly what to get but there were a few great collectors that poured out some knowledge - thank you. I would like to be able to restore the vendor. I need help in this area. I only have one opportunity and I don't want to destroy this vendor. I did look at this site and Googled about how to clean and polish the aluminum but there are a lot of opinions. It there an article about bead blasting and polishing if that is the way to go. Please advise if there is a site, article or procedure. I attached a few pictures. I appreciate any advise from the team. Scott
Attachments
IMG_2361.JPG
IMG_2365.JPG
IMG_2364.JPG
IMG_2362.JPG
scottzearbaugh

Re: Roman Head Vendor Restoration

Postby rupohe » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:28 am

I use this product to polish aluminum. It is very good and economical. rub with a rag or with extra fine 0000 steel wool. It gives very good results.

https://www.amazon.com/Mothers-05101-Ma ... ref=plSrch
rupohe

Re: Roman Head Vendor Restoration

Postby scottzearbaugh » Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:24 pm

Thank you. Between the Mothers Aluminum polish you referenced and Aluminum cleaner it turned out well. I also went to Home Depot with the slot machine to match the paint. Thank you.
scottzearbaugh

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions