Chicago Club House

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Chicago Club House

Postby rupohe » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:48 am

Please, I need help with my Chicago Club-House. Could someone tell me where the dock that triggers the opening of the gum is? I have connected it to the base screw, it works well but it rubs on the reel.
Thank you
Attachments
muelles.jpg
rupohe

Re: Chicago Club House

Postby nvmos2 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:11 am

Not sure what the dock is, but I'm sure that the spring should not be connected to the base screw.

If the dock is the sliding plate that slides forward to release a gumball then is pushed back by the rod (on front of machine) to reset it,
then the spring is hooked to the back end of the gumball chute.

hope this helps.
dock.jpg
nvmos2

Postby rupohe » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:00 pm

Thank you very much Nvmos2. No, that is not the spring that I was referring to.
The spring that I say is the one that is on the axis of the reel. That releases the button of the chewing gum, when they want the reels.
To make it look better I would have to disassemble the side part
Attachments
eje.jpg
rupohe

Postby nvmos2 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:14 pm

Yes; I understand now;

There is a small hook on the side of the gum compartment wall;
about 1.5 inches (sorry; I don't have an inches to millimeter conversion chart handy) below and slightly forward of the reels' center axel rod;
the end of the spring should be attached to that hook.

The correct spring appears to be much smaller than the one on your machine.
I think somebody put it together and didn't have the correct spring, so they just stretched it down to the base screw.

Jim
nvmos2

Postby rupohe » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:12 am

Thank you very much Jim. I imagined that something was wrong. the spring is too long. I had already noticed that small hook but the spring made me doubt. I will cut the spring to the correct size.
thanks for getting rid of doubts.
I'm also doing a gold medal decal, is your decal in good condition? I copied one that did not have much resolution, I will try to reproduce as best as possible and put it in the forum for those who need it
Rubén
Attachments
IMG_20190112_095323.jpg
spring
rupohe

Postby nvmos2 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:21 am

Early versions of the Club House did not have the decal; my machine does not have it.

"In a clever marketing ploy, Daval gave themselves a Gold medal 'For Engineering Achievement' ostensibly awarded by their New York Distributors in November 1933." (Bueschel)

"The Gold Medal emblem decal quickly wore off."; rather ironic since it was for engineering achievement.
I don't know if the decal has already been reproduced, but there are probably other collectors who could also use a replacement.
nvmos2

Postby rupohe » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:06 pm

My daval, I do not know what version it is, because I can not find the serial number. It may be because it was destined for the foreign market. It is made for Spanish currency of the time.

It is a prototype of a retouched decal. I'm going to try to design a decal.
Attachments
buena copia99.tif
IMG_20181229_010922.jpg
IMG_20190108_121508.jpg
rupohe

Postby rupohe » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:45 am

They are finally finished. Thanks to everyone who helped me. It only needs to regulate the sprue, but that will be for the next time.
I enclose a few decals, in case someone wants to take advantage of them or modify them.
Attachments
folleto.jpg
IMG_20190118_144336_HDR.jpg
rupohe

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions