Handle Mech Rubber Cushion Replacement

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Handle Mech Rubber Cushion Replacement

Postby RameGoom » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:46 am

This was in another thread, but posting it here for those who might have missed it:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3677
Slowly building a knowledge base on E2000 series Bally machines and J400 Jennings. Started with the antique Mills and Jennings. Getting there...
RameGoom

Re: Handle Mech Rubber Cushion Replacement

Postby RameGoom » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:12 am

While I'm thinking about it, the rubber material is available from McMaster-Carr:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#rubber-strips/=ww31pd

Plain black urethane rubber strip, 2 in. wide, 36 in. long, medium hard. P/N 9013K55 is 1/2" thick. Seems pricy, until you consider the fact that one piece of this strip will be enough material to cover your entire slot collection, if you spend the time replacing the old stuff. No doubt dozens of cushions can be made with one piece.
Slowly building a knowledge base on E2000 series Bally machines and J400 Jennings. Started with the antique Mills and Jennings. Getting there...
RameGoom

Re: Handle Mech Rubber Cushion Replacement

Postby JPCass » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:36 pm

It occurred to me there must be simpler way to get the replacement rubber, and indeed I found that Berten's catalog lists the MLB-91 Rubber Bumper for a buck and change, as well as a replacement for the -2621 Bumper on the mech - in either rubber or leather, for the same price.

I'll try ordering one from Dave when I get some more stuff for my current project, in a week or two.
Restored Mills 5c Extraordinary "barn find", long gone - now restoring 1934 5c Extraordinary Gold Award with original World's Fair reel strips
Restoring early Mills 5c Firebird (large coin view window)
About to take on a Mills 5c Vest Pocket
JPCass

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions