HELP need slot machine unlocked!!!!

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

HELP need slot machine unlocked!!!!

Postby davis » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:28 pm

I have misplaced the keys to my 1959 Mills high top 1cent machine need it opened, als have 1938 Castle front that the lock is jammed up i have the key it just wont turn, tried everything I can think of I am in the pacific northwest area Portland Oregon email me idf you know of someone who can open these with out drilling them or breaking them apart coololdpartz@aol.com
davis

Re: HELP need slot machine unlocked!!!!

Postby mechanic » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:17 pm

A lock smith or even a place like Lowes may have some graphite based lock lube. Everything mechanical needs some kind of grease at times.
mechanic

Postby Midcoast Vintage » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:56 pm

THIS IS COPIED AND PASTED FROM AN EARLIER POST:

Re: locked out mills machines!!

Postby Midcoast Vintage » Thu May 07, 2015 8:44 pm
The tip given above can be accomplished WITHOUT breaking the base more often than not.
Many times i have used a heavy screwdriver, or, a small crowbar slipped under the door as near to the center as possible (you can't go dead center due to the lip at bottom center of the door), and, slowly / gently push down, and, 9 times out of 10, you will be able to pop the bottom of the door out of the groove in the wood base.
you should then be able to slip your hands and fore arm up inside the machine, and with a little wiggling back and forth, work the bonnet latches toward you, and, remove the back door and bonnet without damaging anything.
DO NOT force anything, as you do not want to put pressure on the pin from the top casting that goes into the bonnet.
If you ever have to break into a gooseneck, you can break the reel glass, and go in with a long screwdriver between the reels and unscrew the screws holding the lock plate and lock on to the back door.
glass is cheaper than a lock.
Midcoast Vintage

Postby davis » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:04 pm

ill give that a try anyone who emailed me please do it again as my computor crashed and i lost my emails thansk
davis

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions