Shuffle Alley Bowling Game

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Shuffle Alley Bowling Game

Postby RameGoom » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:54 am

I just picked up TWO bowling machines; one is a Bally ABC Bowler using a 3 in. ball, the other is a smaller, United Chief Shuffle Alley machine. Both are in pretty good shape, but will need to be gone thru to get them up and running.

My question:

Does anyone know the best place to find parts for them? I need a few plastic pins, bowling balls and pucks.

The back glass could use a little work on both. Someone, somewhere, knows who supplies restoration parts for these machines, so if you know, please post it.

Thanks!
Attachments
bowlers.jpg
Slowly building a knowledge base on E2000 series Bally machines and J400 Jennings. Started with the antique Mills and Jennings. Getting there...
RameGoom

Re: Shuffle Alley Bowling Game

Postby pj waelti » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:56 am

try pinball resource and st louis ball bowler the can help you pj
pj waelti

Postby Midcoast Vintage » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:46 am

A source i was going to recommend was WICO, which as I recall, was in Atlanta, that for years was THE main supplier for game / jukebox, and, vending machine parts.
I searched google for the info on them, and, could not find them listed.
Dies anyone know if they are still in business?
I personally had not ordered anything from them in several years.
Midcoast Vintage

Postby RameGoom » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:23 pm

I'm pretty sure WICO has been gone for many years. Last time I purchased anything from them was around 1997 or so.

I think the only company left that sells similar items is SUZO-HAPP. They might have some of what I'm looking for. If it comes down to it, I might make a 3-D model and clone the pin. Seems to be the trend these days. I have a 3D printer that can print anything up to about the size of a loaf of bread, so it might work if I need to go that route.
Slowly building a knowledge base on E2000 series Bally machines and J400 Jennings. Started with the antique Mills and Jennings. Getting there...
RameGoom

Postby pj waelti » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:42 pm

Also do a search for doc doom or ball bowler dot com. he has what you need, I should know as I have bought parts from all the places I have suggested. PJ
pj waelti

Postby RameGoom » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:27 pm

Thanks, PJ. I did check out the Pinball Resource and they have a few of the parts I'm looking for. I'll check the other as well.
RameGoom

Postby pj waelti » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:31 am

doc doom has lots of parts. I have used him for lots of stuff..balls and pins etc.. PJ
pj waelti

Postby RameGoom » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:53 pm

Managed to locate all the parts I needed to make these two bowlers work 100%. Thanks for all the help locating sources:

bowlers.jpg

Interesting finds within the machines as well:

tags.jpg
RameGoom

Postby TheFatman » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:32 pm

The big ball bowler bring back to this 58 yer old geezer a time in life at the beach that was a very special part of my life... Loved these along with the old penny clamshells (Mutoscopes) in rows upon rows at Salisbury Beach Mass. Which they plowed over with many bull dozers to make room for carnival rides. Saw no use in these in the futures. Just like the 1040 JBox. What a waste ... hind site 20-20
Dave F
TheFatman

Postby RameGoom » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:43 am

It must have been a real commitment to salvage these machines, given the size of them. Most people back in the 50's didn't have enough house, basement, or garage to place store them. That Bally bowler is 14 ft. long, 6 ft. high. It comes apart in the center but still, major weight for the main section. And the United machine is 91/2 ft. long, can't even fit in a typical basement.

I'm fortunate they were mostly complete and stored properly when I found them.
RameGoom

Next

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions