How difficult would it be to restore this Rol-a-Top

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

How difficult would it be to restore this Rol-a-Top

Postby Imaohw » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:28 pm

According to the description for the Rol-a-Top (see listing: http://jamesdjulia.com/item/2196-382/) being auctioned next week it has a modified coin section. How difficult would it be to restore it back to they way it should function? Is their description correct that French machines were usually modified to disable the escalator?

In addition, what else is wrong with the machine? Any information is appreciated. I'm trying to educate myself so that I purchase a Rol-a-Top in reasonable condition.

Thanks
Imaohw

Re: How difficult would it be to restore this Rol-a-Top

Postby Dave » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:10 am

I have never heard that this is common on French machines.

Rol-A-Top parts are very hard to find.

I would stay away from this one.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby gsx11r » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:09 am

Hello
I confirm , it's not common on French machine !!! #-o
And I confirm also that if you have not the parts for complete it ,STAY AWAY from this one ! [-X

Stephane
gsx11r

Postby watlingboy » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:48 pm

I have seen a couple of others like this but this is not common or a common thing to do to French franc machines. Think about it, these were made to take a franc so why would it be necessary to bypass the escalator which worked just fine with the franc. You will never find, pretty sure, a 25 cent coin entry to put on this machine. This stuff just doesn't show up anymore. If you did find one, you still have the problem of the slides paying short because the franc is thinner than a quarter. I won't go into all the details of this machine as some find too much information unneeded and confusing so lets just say, this is a mess and you should pass on it.

Watlingboy
watlingboy

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions