Jennings Today Vendor Help

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Jennings Today Vendor Help

Postby oldpinguy » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:08 am

Hi, I need some info from the experts on this forum.

I picked up the Jennings Today Vendor I purchased on eBay. It works and pays well, including the future pay feature. Needs some cleaning and polish, and missing, of course. both back doors. (Any suggestions for finding them, or repros, wold also be appreciated)

What was also missing were the mint holding racks that bolt to the back plate behind the front casting. Got a partial view of them on n old a photo of another machine.

As you can see in my first photo, was able to make the racks for the two short dummy rows that go above the jackpot (with Aluminum flashing and a bending brake from Harbor Freight) . My guess at the longer ones is also shown in the photo, but have no idea what the actual dimensions, or the bottom configuration, of the longer ones are supposed to be. Looks like they fasten to the three tapped holes at the bottom of the back plate (curiously, no matching hole near the top). Second photo is looking down into the vendor mechanism with two spring loaded knife blade type parts that,I guess, are supposed to hold the mints in place. Although, those blades don't seem to be under very much tension, (at least it doesn't seem enough to press and hold a mint roll in the rack), but they do release when the button is pushed on the front, after a coin is played. The fingers below them rotate and lock, and they alss seem to reset the blades.

So, I guess I'm not exactly sure how that mint mechanism actually works and/or if I'm missing any other parts in there at the bottom ?

Can someone educate me please. Photos, dimensions and/or an explanation would really help

Thanks,

Stan
Attachments
Vender Mech.jpg
Today Vendor Racks.jpg
oldpinguy

Re: Jennings Today Vendor Help

Postby TJ » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:07 am

Your request was a little to general I suppose. I will try to help you out, my wife and I began collecting in 1992 so I have gained enough knowledge to get into trouble. These are pictures of our very first machine. This Today vendor is most likely a Jennings revamp maybe in the late 20s the vendor is non functioning, looks can be deceiving. Otherwise the machine functions fully as it was intended. We belong to our local club the A.C.M.C.A. Antique Coin Machine Collectors Association located in Southern California, we always welcome newcomers. We also belong to C.O.C.A. and hope that as far as clubs go that they do the best they can in promoting the hobby. T.J.
Attachments
DSC00350.JPG
DSC00349.JPG
TJ

Postby altort » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:20 pm

I dont know if you are still looking for parts but ebay item#381332149126 there is a good parts machine that may have all you need
altort

Postby oldpinguy » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:54 pm

Al,

Thanks for the tip....Looks pretty crispy but may have the parts..

Stan
oldpinguy

Postby altort » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:22 pm

did you win the ebay auction on the parts slot?
altort

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions