Castle Front and stand

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Castle Front and stand

Postby kentdun » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:31 pm

I recently picked up a Mills 10 cent Castle Front. Original from what I can tell. Matching serial #s 436537. Good paint. It does need some glass replaced. Looks to be a single jackpot. It is my understanding the earlier Castle Fronts had the paper award card and the later had metal.

Cycles and pays out correctly. The pump/cylinder is pretty stiff. Will it help if I squirt some 3 in 1 oil in the air hole? or does it need to be taken apart?
Jackpot inspection panel is cracked. I have read of a couple welders on this site that could handle this. Any of them in the Minneapolis, MN area? If not, the part would be easy to ship.

There is a hasp for a padlock on the handle. I haven't seen one of these before. Was it an option from Mills or a later add on?

The back is original. The lock is made by Corban. Works and fits well. My other Mills slots have Mills locks with the snake key. Did Mills ever use Corban locks? I have a spare Mills lock I can use if needed.

Also in the deal was a metal stand and locking bar. The kind where the slot slid in from the back. Were these made by Mills? The lock bar lock was drilled out. Did the threaded rods turn when you turned the key? This would be nice to fix, but high priority since it doesn't show. The stand was painted white sometime in the past. They also painted the base of the slot. Any ideas what the original color of the stand would be?
Thnanks in advance.
Kent
Attachments
DSCF1691.JPG
DSCF1689.JPG
DSCF1690.JPG
kentdun

Re: Castle Front and stand

Postby oldslotman » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:48 pm

I was thinking about buying that same machine. The jackpot inspection panel is available from Squires. I think is was like $100, so it maybe be cheaper the have the one repaired. The hasp on the handle was most likely an operator addition. The stand was black. Not to sure about the locking device on the stand but I believe the two rods were operated by the lock.
oldslotman

Postby terick2104 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:20 am

That crack appears to be in the casting not the access door. Anyways contact John at Custom Fab. he is located in Bloomington - 952-888-2322
terick2104

Postby oldslotman » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:33 am

jackpot panel.jpg
Here is a picture of the one from Squires:
oldslotman

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions