Jennings Today Vendor Restoration

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Jennings Today Vendor Restoration

Postby oldpinguy » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:49 am

Getting close to the finish line. Had to strip the cabinet of, what was apparently, the cheapest black paint anyone could find to slop all over it. Disassemble iit, reinforced, and re-glued, before refinishing. Buffed the castings to a shine (a real dirty job). Painted areas weren't removed by the buffing, so, planning to leave them as is. Not sure if they are the correct colors. How does one know ? If you Google Today Vendor images you will see many paint job variations. Anybody know for sure how they came from the factory ?(Bill ?).

Sill missing the back doors.

Also, still really need help with a picture and dimensions of the mint holding racks to make the vendor work properly (just dummy photos in the windows now). Surely, somebody besides me on the forum must have another working example of this machine. All it take is a quarter turn with a 9/16 Allen wrench to remove the front casting and help me with a picture of the racks and how they fi in. Probably the same racks in the Baseball Vendor, if you have one of those.

Please help if you can.

Thanks.

Stan
Attachments
Today Vendor Restoration.jpg
AFTER
Today Vendor Before.jpg
BEFORE
oldpinguy

Re: Jennings Today Vendor Restoration

Postby clubconsoles » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:49 am

Good day to you, Stan
You have done a real nice job on those castings and cabinet.
It would be a crime to not be able to finish it off with some wooden dowels with authentic mint wrappers in that front display!
So your help today comes from across the pond.
Lowestoft, Suffolk, to be precise, Englands most Easterly Town where a 5c jennings Today Vender front resides with me.
The measurements you require (external) are as follows-
Small Magazines are 3 and 3/4 tall, 2 and 15/16 wide and 7/8 deep.
The longer outside magazines are same except 13 tall.
Any other help you need, just ask.
PS, if you know of any Evans rouletto (jr or Sr) for sale, let me know?
Attachments
1248724348.jpg
1248724348.jpg (78.32 KiB) Viewed 2150 times
DSC_0574.jpg
DSC_0573.jpg
clubconsoles

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:42 am

I have seen a multitude of "Today Vender" color schemes. Some pretty nice, and others, waaaaay gaudy.
Not being a Jennings expert, or even close, I am not sure how many original color variations they came in.
The one pictured below, (although not a jackpot model), is one of the most common color configurations,
and best looking, that I see them in. This is not my machine. It is from my vast photo files, and I have no
idea who it belongs to. It could even be one of our Forum members, who's pix I transferred. Good luck
with finding, or making your vender parts. They are not easy to come by.

Jennings 5c 'Today Vender' (rest)1.jpg
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby oldpinguy » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:35 am

Thank you Bill.
Always count on you for good advice.
Stan
oldpinguy

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions