Pace butterfly jackpot won't work

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Pace butterfly jackpot won't work

Postby Dracodad » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:51 am

Ok. I have a pace butterfly jackpot case with a Jennings mechanism. The reserve jackpot function does not work. I see the lever that should be pushed to dump the coins but there is nothing on the mechanism to push the lever when 3 bars are hit. I mistakenly sent a prior post that said it was a mills machine inside, but it is a Jennings gooseneck. Am I missing a part? It seems like the jackpot must be missing a piece that goes behind the overflow as nickels don't always end up in the cash box. However, there should be a part in the mechanism that triggers the reserve to dump the coins into the extra collection. Nothing on the mechanism mives towards the jackpot lever. The machine otherwise works just fine except for the jackpot. Can anyone help me on what I need to fix this?
Attachments
image.jpg
Picture of jackpot mechanism as it is now
Dracodad

Re: Pace butterfly jackpot won't work

Postby flipper77 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:48 am

Here are pictures of my Pace Butterfly JP. Appears that yours is missing much of the structure. An odd fact on this machine is you normally see the Pace Butterfly JP as an update on Mills and Jennings front venders. But they did the same on Pace front venders as well and this is an old Pace machine "modernized" to the world of jackpots at some point in it's life. The Pace/Pace JP could be a little different that JP for Jennings. Hope this answers a few questions.

Flip
Attachments
001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG
flipper77

Re: Pace butterfly jackpot won't work

Postby mechanic » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:27 pm

I see three problems that do not have anything to do with the jackpot working, first is there is no cover for the j/p chute. The two tabs on either side and just below the PJ107R part number do not belong there and the flat metal piece attached to the left side is a retainer for the jackpot glass which needs to be removed.
mechanic

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions