special lite for a Bally "Classic"

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

special lite for a Bally "Classic"

Postby leospanner » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:53 am

Good Morning Everyone

I''ve tried every light bulb distributor that I could find on the internet, with no luck. I'm trying to find some of the light bulbs that are molded into a plastic piece, much like a Christmas light, the plugs into the back panels of the slot machine. They fit into the holes and with a twist they make contact with the printed circuit board that runs along the panel the bulb mounts in. They are the only machine that I've ever seen these kind of bulbs used on. They have a "GE 444" printed on the glass portion of the bulb, and the bulb part looks like a GE 44 bulb. I was hoping that someone here knows about them and maybe has a supplier for them? Thanks in advance for your help.

Leo
leospanner

Re: special lite for a Bally "Classic"

Postby radiorich123 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:04 am

HI

What is the color of the bead inside of the bulb? I can repair the strip of lights for your slot.

Rich 973-694-6374
REPAIRS ANTIQUE RADIOS AND COIN OPERATED MACHINES EMAIL
radiorich123@yahoo.com
WEB SIGHT www.technician.50megs.com
radiorich123

Postby leospanner » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:52 am

I thought it might be best to post a picture.
Attachments
Bulb.jpg
slot picture
Bulb.jpg (5.55 KiB) Viewed 4835 times
leospanner

Postby leospanner » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:53 am

Rich, thanks for the reply. If this looks like what you have I'll give you a call. Thanks

Leo
leospanner

Postby altort » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:28 am

That looks like the type of bulbs used in a cars instrument clusters, they twist in to the printed circuit board.
altort

Postby TheFatman » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:56 am

I use these in some of the recent Bally and Williams pinballs. They are a 6 volt bulb and I have directly replaced the bulb with a new one and bent the wires. It is a "wedge Bulb" and is used in plug in sockets. But this bulb can also be used in a socket that looks just like what you have. Marco Specialties at
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-16839
detail.jpg
detail.jpg (11.55 KiB) Viewed 4821 times

You will see a board that has both wedge holders and the twist type that I think you're looking for. You can call them and they will get you to the holder that I thinkl you need.
Hope this helps.
Dave F
TheFatman

Postby RameGoom » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:30 am

You need to pluck that bulb out of its holder, then in becomes a wedge-base lamp.
Slowly building a knowledge base on E2000 series Bally machines and J400 Jennings. Started with the antique Mills and Jennings. Getting there...
RameGoom

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions